• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What's new in Adobe XD Beta 13 (April 19)

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New features on Windows

In this beta update, the following new features have been added for Windows:

• Masking: You can now use objects or shapes as masks to hide portions of your assets, and bring users' focus on interesting elements in your design.
  • Boolean operations: You can combine objects in your artboard using boolean operations. You can add, subtract, intersect, or exclude objects to create complex artwork for your designs.
  • Import assets from browsers: You can drag images directly from all modern browsers onto your artboards. You can also drag the images in to an object on an artboard. When you do so, the image size is automatically adjusted to fit the object. You can also copy an image from a browser and paste it in Adobe XD.

Note:

You cannot import assets from Microsoft Edge by copying and pasting or by dragging assets into Adobe XD.

Apart from these features, Adobe XD for Windows is now available in Japanese and Korean. During installation, the installer detects the operating system and installs the corresponding language version of Adobe XD.

For more information on Adobe XD on Windows and supported features, see Adobe Experience Design on Windows.

Recording format changes for prototypes

In the previous Beta releases, you were able to record the preview and save them as .mov files. From this release onward, the recordings can be saved as .mp4 instead of .mov files.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very disappointing that most recent features seem to target only Windows distributive.

I have not seen general product improvements and new features in a long time that would affect Mac. I understand you are trying to create Sketch alternative that does not exist on mac, but you'll certainly on the path alienating Mac users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally understand your concern. There's a lot happening in the background that we haven't been able to share with you until now. Check out this post to see what's coming down the pipeline for Mac: April Update and What’s Next for Adobe XD | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get real, valerdods. You've had XD on Mac about a year before Windows users even got the basics. Windows users STILL haven't even got layers or symbols, so XD is largely useless for us.

Mac users have got Sketch and a plethora of other Mac-only apps so stop acting like a spoilt brat every time an update doesn't address YOUR issues.

THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD, PAL.

PS: I'm only replying because I don't want the focus to go off Windows until we're on a par with Mac. I don't want whiners like valerdods to be rewarded for complaining while others are much further behind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i agree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines