Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Logical autofill text column

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have this question: I need to autofill a multi column text frame with a logic..

I made an exaple, it's easy to understand: each my columns are 20 cm long; I have some text with various heigh: some 12 cm long, some 8 cm long, some 6 cm long, some 5, some 4, some 2...

I want to automate a flow that import my texts block, so the 8 cm long flow after the 12 cm long, the 6, the 4 after the the two 5 long, so all my 20 cm long are full correctly...

Have you suggestion?

Thanx a lot...

Paolo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand you correctly, you can accomplish this using the Start Paragraph: in Next Column setting in your paragraph styles. 

If each column is one paragraph, you can apply this to all paragraphs. If not, then it can be applied to the first paragraph in each intended column.

Screenshot 2017-04-12 11.12.39.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I'm sorry I don't understand!

Screenshots would be helpful please!

Best,

EW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Paolo,

Did Susan's steps resolve your issue? Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best,

Wren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines