• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Did Adobe recently release an update that helps with AMD performance?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw a newer youtube video where the person claims that updating Adobe Cloud has made a significant difference in his AMD Ryzen performance. Any idea if there was such an update?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

interesting video. as he says, the update might allow the adobe software to use more cpu cores, rather than ryzen specific. cpu usage at 38-50% is using 3-4 of 8 cpu cores, while 76-88% cpu usage is using 6-7 of 8 cpu cores.

Bill Gehrke​ since you have an intel 8 core cpu, could you do some simple testing between an older version of premiere and the new update? like exporting a single 5 min clip without any fx in premiere and watching for average cpu % usage during the export, and perhaps the export times. it might also be good to test a few different media formats like h264 and dhxhr for the source and export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're talking about the Spring (CC 2017.1) update, it actually speeded up the CPU-intensive MPEG2 DVD export performance (with MPE in software-only mode) regardless of the CPU. In my i7-7700 (non-K) PC, the result when down from around 500 seconds to around 460 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Randall,

I have found the same speed-up with my i7-5960 @4.5GHz Premiere Pro 10.4 with many runs of the test got 266 seconds and with the Premiere Pro 11,0 I got 251 seconds BUT when I tested the newest 11.1 guess what the CPU intensive score dropped to 240 seconds.  This correlated with your findings

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines