• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shape with blurred background

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to make the same upper figure, but that the background was blurred, and the stroke was not blurred? Like in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtiFl247_u8

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

I'm not sure I'm correctly understanding your question, but if you're asking how to make the text box at the top of the screen, it's pretty basic.

There's one layer with the white line, and below it is an adjustment layer with a blur effect.

If you're not sure how to make those, I'd suggest watching some beginner AE tutorials.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make the picture the bottom layer.  Put an adjustment layer above it. 

Make two masks on the adjustment layer, one for the upper-third blur and a circular one for the lower-third circular blur. 

Play with the mask modes until you get the mask visible only within the areas you want.

Add one of the blur effects to the adjustment layer.

The other stuff in that example go above the ADJUSTMENT LAYER.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I'll try it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I'm correctly understanding your question, but if you're asking how to make the text box at the top of the screen, it's pretty basic.

There's one layer with the white line, and below it is an adjustment layer with a blur effect.

If you're not sure how to make those, I'd suggest watching some beginner AE tutorials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works, but how to add stroke? When I add a stroke, it also becomes blurred

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is all done in 2D.  No 3D.  Any layers in the timeline that go above the adjustment layer will not be blurred.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A common mistake by new users is to try and do too many things on a single layer. If you want to add a stroke I'd use a shape layer, which you can animate using trim paths. Then just arrange the layer order so things look like you want them to look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean to create a mask and add a lens filter, then create a shape layer without filling, but just add a stroke over the mask and trim it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, I don't turn the 3d mode. I feel confused, i create the ajustment layer and on this layer I create the circulam mask and blur it. Oooh, you can send pictures how to do it? xd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matthew, I really try to refrain from responding to a question with "learn how to use the program," but I'm not sure there's a much better answer here. This is a pretty basic thing to create, and a couple of us have more or less told you how to do it already. We're here to help, but not to push the buttons for you.

I already posted the link above to Adobe's AE tutorials, or you can find countless others around the web. We've named the kinds of layers you might be dealing with, so those might be good places to start your search.

You could also easily create this look in Photoshop or Premiere (or likely any other semi-pro video program), if you're more comfortable in those. The approach will be basically the same in any of them.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines