• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

right click doesn't work when try to import new presets in lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to import new presets in lightroom the right click of the mouse doesn't work in the presets panel. The right click doesn't either work when I want to create a new folder for presets by clicking anywhere where created folders are listed... only the + button works on top.  I am using I Mac and I am on Develop module.. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

When i restarted my i Mac/LR the function of the right click of the mouse looks like disappeared. I fixed the issue by going to system preferences - mouse - made secondary click option checked... for some reason after rebooting the machine it got unchecked. Easy thing but who would of thought? When you mentioned a bit about a mouse that is when it finally got to me... check the mouse settings. Thanks John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi alexs,

Which version of Lightroom are you using?

Please make sure that you are clicking on a Preset group(no- expanded), not on a particular preset, see the screenshot below:-

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6. I tried, still doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the steps I am taking in Lightroom 6 to create a new folder for presets and import presets and nothing works so far :

1. I am in Develop Mode

2. I have a photo selected

3. I want to create a new folder for new presets. I go to my existing presets list and right click anywhere inside of the presets panel.  I suppose to see the window with 4 options: New Folder, Rename, Delete Folder, Import. I don't have a window with 4 options popping up to create a folder. In my case, a specific folder always gets highlighted (which it shouldn't) and a window with 4 options never pops up.  The only option to create a new folder for presets is to use a + button next to the word Presets on top of the panel.

4. For importing new presets I right click on the new folder that was created where presets should go to or anywhere inside of the presets panel and no window pops up with 4 options.

That is my dilemma.... Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting LR's preferences: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/  . That often fixes things when the user interface goes screwy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John for your advice. I tried/reset the preferences a couple of times following the instructions you provided and still no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. Does right-click work elsewhere in LR, e.g. if you right-click an item in the History panel in the left column of Develop, do you see Create Snapshot and Copy History Step?  In Library, in the Folders panel on the left, do you see a long list of commands when you right-click a particular folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi John, thanks for your reply again. Actually, it does not work on any of the panels. I tried the history and a snapshots panels and all it does is highlighting particular line that i am pointing at but that is it...it doesn't give any windows with options. What a crazy thing... I also tested the right click by clicking on the image itself and it brings up a magnifying glass and it zooms the image just fine which makes me think that it is not my mouse but something to do with lightroom panels. Any ideas? thanks  again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tested the right click by clicking on the image itself and it brings up a magnifying glass and it zooms the image just fine

That's not the correct behavior. When you right-click an image in Loupe or Grid view of Library, you should get a long menu of commands.  I think you have a more general problem.  Troubleshooting steps, in order:

1. Reboot your computer and restart LR.
  2. In Mac Finder, when you right-click a filename, are you getting the standard right-click menu of a dozen commands starting with Open/Open With?
  3. In LR, do Help > System Info.  What exact version is shown?  If it's not 2015.10 (Lightroom CC) or 6.10 (Lightroom), then update to the latest version (and verify the udpate actually worked): Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date
  4. Are you using a touchpad?  What make/model?  Have you updated its drivers?
  5. Is your mouse wireless? Put in new batteries just in case.
  6. Do you have a dumb wired mouse lying around?  Try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, you r a genius! It has been fixed. It is all working fine now. Thanks  a lot!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For others who might read this thread, which step fixed the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i restarted my i Mac/LR the function of the right click of the mouse looks like disappeared. I fixed the issue by going to system preferences - mouse - made secondary click option checked... for some reason after rebooting the machine it got unchecked. Easy thing but who would of thought? When you mentioned a bit about a mouse that is when it finally got to me... check the mouse settings. Thanks John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it was that simple in the end.  These things can get pretty obscure...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. Sort it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines