• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wanna tutor intermediate student / beginner-level designer in Ai, Ps, Id, or Mu?

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have a tutor who has taught me photoshop in bi-weekly lessons for a couple months.  He mainly answers my questions and lends support when I get stuck completing projects for my Ux Design portfolio that's a work in progress.  We use WebEx or Skype screen sharing so he can do something in his screen in his CC app that I observe, and I can repeat the workflow with him watching in case I get stuck or want to know more about the process. I think I'm about to exceed his skills in Ps, and he's not very knowledgeable beyond the basics in Ai and Id.  He knows nothing about Muse, which sucks, because that's what I'm trying to use for web design.

Anyone interested in tutoring 2 hours a week, whenever you're available using a screen-share app?  Anyone know someone who is?  I need someone who has an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop and Illustrator take many moths & sometime years to master.  Following along on screen share is not the ideal way to learn these applications.   I think you will gain more skills and confidence from using the applications daily and working through a structured learning series on Lynda.com.  Look for Deke McClelland's tutorials.  It takes time and practice, practice, practice to get really good.   But the effort really pays off if you stick with it.

IMO, Muse is for consumer level web designers (hobbyists and creatives who just want quick & easy web sites).  If you're thinking of a career in UI/UX & web development, forget about Muse. It won't help you land a job and could actually backfire and become an obstacle.  Instead focus on learning HTML, CSS and JavaScript code with a real code editor like Brackets or Dreamweaver.  That's what prospective employers really want to see. 

If you run into problems, use the Adobe product forums to ask questions & get answers from fellow users and product experts .  They will be more than happy to help you 24/7 .

List of Adobe Product Forums

https://forums.adobe.com/welcome

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or consider taking a class. Here is a list of Adobe Certified Instructors in the US. You many find one in your hometown, and many of them offer online, interactive training.

Adobe Partner Finder | Adobe Training & Certification

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also check with your local colleges, many of the design courses teach using Adobe products as a tool. They have credit and non-credit courses that teach you through lessons, lectures, and hands-on projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeniffer you can join Adobe Educational Exchange . There are a lot of resources, workshops and Adobe GenPro online courses at the end of which you can gain a certificate

Adobe Education Exchange

If you have any question I would be happy to help you also through Adobe Connect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the case of Muse i would start;

here = https://musewidgets.com/collections/tutorials

then watch this for some general tips = https://images-tv.adobe.com/avp/vr/f9a22e0b-df84-4fab-95fd-82db9072a993/29d290fd-8ddd-4581-baa4-61a2...

and then this for real world senarios = https://images-tv.adobe.com/avp/vr/f9a22e0b-df84-4fab-95fd-82db9072a993/8899f4b9-f47f-4929-b75e-2637...

I agree with Nancy ... at least about getting a job in web design but you have to start somewhere and not everyone likes code so each to their own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do a lot of this for my students - work with them one on one. I might be able to help you out. You can email me at melissa at creative-training.com

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jennifer,

If you're still looking for one-on-one coaching feel free to contact me to set up an informational call. cguidice@cmga.com 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Referring to muse, I don´t see too much downsizes of muse to create websites to do it professional and to earn money with it.

You only have to do some rules for your business and you have to convince future clients with your work, though .

And of course, this is no difference to coding websites, you have to know what you want to achieve, order content before you start,

keep some rules in muse in your eye and go for it.

In PS, it depends on what you know, what you want to know and of course your skills so far.

I am not really 100% reliable in Id, as I started from scratch 3/4 year ago but, before I did (like a lot of others too ) Layout in PS.

For professional purposes and not little because Muse is kind of similar to Id, I added Id to my CC and come around with it.

If you want to watch: grundschule-iffezheim.de / They did only a desktop version but you can check for some scrollmotion.

You can watch work in progress right here: home

If one needs further functions for muse, there is some CMS available, too:   Startseite - Conmunicator (DE)

Kind of these ( there´s some add ons for WP as well), of course, may get a question of money at a certain point. It promises not to need really coding skills, although it might be an advantage to have coding skills ( If I personally need, there`s a great forum in muse, not to forget about Ussnorway​​ from above and many others).

I want to quote Dani Beaumont from Muse: "I encourage you to give it a try." ( this could be easily expanded to ID and PS as well).

(Coders are always afraid, be sure , but most of them are willing to help)

It would be of course a pleasure to help, give tutorials or teach.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines