• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Repairing aging due to glue

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The attached photo is a raw scan of a page from 1970s word processing: paste together corrected paragraphs with mucilage glue. After 30-40 years the glue has turned brown.

How can I correct his in Lightroom? I'd like to minimize the browning due to the glue while retaining the quality of the typewritten text.

Since this is a raw scan in color, I can do almost anything to filter out the browning. But, my attempts haven't proven very successful.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Glue Aging.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

To build on Bob's suggestion, you can remove most of the rest of the discoloration by setting Orange and Yellow Luminance to +100 and Saturation to -100:

And you can make the text a little more crisp by increasing Basic > Clarity to +25:20170423-12-00-00-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was about 2 minutes in Lightroom using the masking brush with Auto Mask turned on and just increasing the exposure of the areas to turn them white.  You could do a LOT better if you took more time and effort.  The file is small and I think a large scan would work a lot better.  I set the brush to MAXIMUM size and just had to do about 8 to 10 clicks to chose 4 areas.

Screen Shot 2017-04-23 at 3.04.39 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watch this video to see how ONE CLICK Auto Mask selection in Lightroom works.  I use this technique a LOT.

Lightroom Automask - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To build on Bob's suggestion, you can remove most of the rest of the discoloration by setting Orange and Yellow Luminance to +100 and Saturation to -100:

And you can make the text a little more crisp by increasing Basic > Clarity to +25:20170423-12-00-00-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow!  Fantastic!

You just have to be careful to select spots with all densities you want to eliminate.

I really need to learn Lightroom better.  This is motivation.  I had no idea you could do this!

Thanks again,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines