Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transparency grid appears among photoshop artboards

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I open the same photoshop file (with artboards) in two different computers. In one it opens properly and in the other, the area among the artboards instead of the colour of the interface there is trancparency grid. As long as I dublicate or create a new artbord the area between the new artboard and the preview one has that transparency grid. When I change the height in one of the artboards the grid also appears  under the lower part of the artboards. Exporting the artboards to files so far works properly.

Does anyone knows why this is happening?

Capture.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elanagr-

I would look at the Performance section of the preferences and see if Use Graphics Processor setting is checked. Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 10.44.47 AM.jpg

You might also want to check and see that both machines are running the same version of Photoshop. Artboards is a newish feature and has had many changes over the last few versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Tom,

Yes, "Use GraphicProccessor" is checked. Also, both computers run the same version of photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elena

I don't know if Tom was suggesting that you try turning off GPU acceleration, or at least try different settings.  Are you able to check Open CL in the problem machine?  What is the Drawing Mode set to?

With anomalies like this it is worth resetting Preferences, despite it being a PITA to put everything back to how you like it.  

What are the two systems? Operating system, and the version?  What is the hardware?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Trevor,

Both computers have:

Photoshop: 2017.1.1 Version

System Type: 64-bit Operating System. Windows 7 Professional.

Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 5450. ( I updated the GPU drivers, as someone suggested it will solve my issue but nothing changed.)

After a little google search I found a post that somehow solved the problem but it is not the corret sollution as the colour that has appeared around and among the artboarts are lighter than the rest of the background (see photo attached)

What I did:

Preferences > Performance > Graphics Processor Settings > Advanced Settings... Then changed drawing mode to 'Basic' from 'Advanced'.

Thank you for your time.

Capture+1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines