Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I import a OBJ file into AE CC17

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey whatsup guys.

So I decided to make something cool with Trapcode Form but I just cant import an OBJ file into my AE CC17 with the normal way. The OBJ works when I put it into Element 3D so the OBJ file is fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Re-installing Form should do it for you. It's likely that somebody just copied plugins over when moving from version to version of AE and that doesn't get the OBJ importer when you do that. When installing a new version of After Effects, it's a good idea to also download and run the newest installers from plugin vendors as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trapcode form comes with an obj importer that is supposed to be installed with your plugin. I have tested it in my system now and it works as expected and OBJ's are imported into after effects. apparntly you have a problem with your obj importer.

try this thread for fixing it: CreativeCOW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-installing Form should do it for you. It's likely that somebody just copied plugins over when moving from version to version of AE and that doesn't get the OBJ importer when you do that. When installing a new version of After Effects, it's a good idea to also download and run the newest installers from plugin vendors as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is happening when you try to import the obj?   Are you getting an error message or are you getting big white words in your view port?

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines