• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange behavior of the Effect Controls panel

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what it should be like. But if you choose to close the effect control for the current layers and then select the layer again.

It will turn into this.

Aren't they supposed to be the same?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

It looks like you have found a bug. If you view that menu once, then select any other layer you won't see the layer name selected at the bottom. If you narrow the ECP you should bet a >> icon on the left. Click on that icon and you have the ability to see the selected layer even if the ECP is locked. If you have locked an ECP and have opened up another one for different layers the >> icon will give you the option to choose between the two.

As I think of it I think this is less of a bug than an i

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when clicking on the blue name of the item in the effect controls, you can see at the bottom all the opened effect controls in your project. if you closed them, you won't see them at the bottom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close them first. And then select your current composition. The Effect Control will again have the blue name. But this time when you won't see anything at the bottom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sir. I recorded a footage to demonstrate the issue.

hope it makes more sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you have found a bug. If you view that menu once, then select any other layer you won't see the layer name selected at the bottom. If you narrow the ECP you should bet a >> icon on the left. Click on that icon and you have the ability to see the selected layer even if the ECP is locked. If you have locked an ECP and have opened up another one for different layers the >> icon will give you the option to choose between the two.

As I think of it I think this is less of a bug than an incomplete redesign of the UI. I've never used the list at the bottom to get to another ECP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have never came across this because I use the shortcut F3 to reveal the effect controls that a layer. highlight/select the layer in the timeline and press F3, this will save you much time instead of fiddling with the mouse on names and tabs. as I tested it here with F3, it seems it does not introduce this behavior and work as expected. note: you don't need to close the effect controls for a layer because they change as you select other layers. leaving effect controls panel open really isn't supposed to bother you (or if you have many effect controls panels open) since they are hidden anyway.

if you do want to submit a bug report, you can do it here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines