• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 10 InDesign CC 2017 suddenly hangs opening at "loading shortcuts" -- HELP

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The title says it all.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please follow the step to clear preference and cache

• InDesign Preference:

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Application Data\Adobe\InDesign\<Version #>\<language>\  (Note: Prior to version 6 [CS4] the language folder is not used).

Windows Vista or Windows 7: C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\InDesign\<Version #>\<Language>\ (Note: Prior to version 6 [CS4] the language folder is not used).

Macintosh: Hard Drive/Users/<USER>/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign/<Version #>/<Language>

• InDesign Cache:

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\InDesign\<Version #>\<Language>\Caches\ (Note: Prior to version 6 [CS4] the language folder is not used).

Windows Vista or Windows 7: C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Adobe\InDesign\<Version #>\<Language>\Caches\  (Note: Prior to version 6 [CS4] the language folder is not used).

Macintosh: Hard Drive/Users/<USER>/Library/Caches/Adobe InDesign/<Version #>/<Language>/ (Note: Prior to version 6 [CS4] the language folder is not used).

Regards,

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Philenlo,

Were you able to find success with Sanyam's suggestion? Let us know if you need further assistance.

-Wren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with InDesign CC build 12.0.0.81 running on macOS Sierra 10.12.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

We are aware of an issue with Intel GPU on MAC OS 10.12.4?

Try working with InDesign after disabling the GPU performance from preferences.(Turn off the below highlighted option)

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cheers. Yes I am running intel GPU on Mac OS 10.12.4. I deleted the AppPrefs.xml and InDesign SavedData anyway but haven't restarted my mac as yet.

The issue only occured when I allowed my Mac to reopen windows when booting back up in the morning. If I quit and reopened InDesign it was fine.

This was frustrating having to do this though.

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines