• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will the PE 15 run smoothly on my Late 2013 macbook pro retina ?

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if the Premiere Elements 15 will be compatible with my MacBook Pro Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013 (MacOS Sierra version 10.12.3) ?

I will be using it for short 4K video editing. My camcorder is Sony FDR-AX100.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kind of depends on what processor you have and with how much RAM.

But it definitely should have no problems running on a Macbook Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, thank you for your reply.

The processor 2,6 GHz Intel Core i5  and  8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An  i5 may struggle a bit with longer 4k video, but it may also be just fine.

I'd recommend downloading the free trial and giving it a test drive with your footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestion. Really aprreciate.

I downloaded the free trail and try it out. But the 4k video (was a 48 second clip) was jerky/choppy during play back. The video freeze again and again during play back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a yellow-orange "render" line above the first clip you added to your timeline? This indicates that the program did not properly match its project settings to your video specs, which can result in poor performance. This often happens when the video is MOV. Is your video 3840x2160? is it MOV?

RenderLine.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes, it was a 4K file mov (3840 × 2160), but it doesnt have any orange or yellow lines on the clip. The playback was choppy and freezes on the timeline. Kind of difficult to watch the clip during the editing. After the basic colour editing, i saved the project as 3840 × 2160 mp4 on my macbook pro and it plays smoothly on the VCL player.

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 06.38.59.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're in Quick View. You won't see any render lines in Quick View.

Switch to Expert View and see if there are yellow orange render lines above your clips. (The watermark in the preview panel seems to indicate you will.)

You still haven't told me if your video file format is MOV, MP4 or some other format, but that is relevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I don't see any orange render line on top of the timeline but there are 2 yellow lines in between.

The original file format imported from my sony camcorder to my macbook pro is MP4

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 15.37.13.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 15.34.22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's good news and bad news, Ling.

It's good news, in that it means that the program is setting up your project to perfectly match your video.

It's bad news in that it means that your system is not likely powerful enough to edit 4k with Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is that mean the i5 proccesor on my old macbook pro wasnt strong enough to handle 4k video editing on premeire elements 15 ?

Maybe is about time for me to look for a new laptop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ling1980  wrote

is that mean the i5 proccesor on my old macbook pro wasnt strong enough to handle 4k video editing on premeire elements 15 ?

Maybe is about time for me to look for a new laptop

My experience trying to edit 4K on a PC with an i5 was difficult.   Passmark offers a CPU performance chart.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.htmlhttp://

My current computer scores a 7500 and editing 4K is a pleasant process.  It helps that the projects are all done on a speedy SSD.   If you do shop for a computer, look for one with about 9000 or better. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines