• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Action step "add current channel" brings up unwanted dialog

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recorded an action that contains Add Current Channel steps that bring up Load Selection dialogs that must be accepted before the action will continue to execute.

To see what I'm talking about, do this:

- Load an image into Photoshop

- Go through whatever setup is necessary for you to record a new action

- start recording a new test action that does the following:

-- Make a random selection on your image (I used the marquee tool)

-- Create a Curves layer (the selection will be captured in its layer mask and the selection goes away)

-- Activate and Right click on the Curves layer mask, activating Add Mask to Selection

-- Create an HSL layer (the selection will be captured in its layer mask and the selection goes away)

-- Stop recording

- Open the new action so you can see its steps

Now play it back, stepping through it by activating the first step (Set Selection) and holding down the Ctl/Cmd key when you hit Play.

I consistently have a Load Selection dialog appear when the Add Current Channel step is executed.

There is no dialog button in the left hand column to disable.

This dialog does not appear when I record the action, just as it doesn't appear when directly interacting with Photoshop.

Can someone tell me how to make it NOT appear when the action is played back?

thanks,

richard hargrove

--

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

This question should be in Photoshop General Discussion not Photoshop Scripting Actions are not scripts.  If you want to ask about a Action you recorded.  It would be best to fully expand the recorded action in the action palette so all steps and the recorded steps and recorded setting are visible. Then post a screen capture of the action so we can see what actually was recorded.  Also note information about the document the action was recorded and the document was played on.  Actions have depen

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question should be in Photoshop General Discussion not Photoshop Scripting Actions are not scripts.  If you want to ask about a Action you recorded.  It would be best to fully expand the recorded action in the action palette so all steps and the recorded steps and recorded setting are visible. Then post a screen capture of the action so we can see what actually was recorded.  Also note information about the document the action was recorded and the document was played on.  Actions have dependence as random selection made in one document may not works in an other document. Your action step Add current channel to reload the selection played as an interactive step. So do not recor the action the way. Record it some other way.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for violating so many conventions.

You are correct. When I loaded the selection from the layer mask with Ctl/Cmd mouse click, the Add Current Channel step became a Set Selection step and the dialog disappeared from the playback.

Select/Save Selection and Select/Load Selection also work without the dialog appearing.

thanks,

richard

--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines