• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working with the Tooltip Widget - Difficulties

Participant ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on our website and have set up one page to offer our various CDs. The Tooltip Widget is perfect for showing what is included on each CD when the cursor hovers over the various target Album Cover miniatures. My problem comes when I've added the Widget to several of the albums and the now open widgets (on the work area) cover SO much of the page that I can't work any further to add the Widget to the other CDs. I can't SEE the albums not yet "labelled", they're blocked.

This is really a question directed to those of you more experienced than I am with Muse. Has someone got a good technique to get around this problem? I'm talking about working on the page, of course when it goes "live", the panels show up only when the cursor passes over them.

CDs.JPG.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

You may have still checked this in the settings panel of your widgets:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-04-26 um 10.54.54.png

If you uncheck it, you may have access to the other CD labels.

Does this help?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have still checked this in the settings panel of your widgets:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-04-26 um 10.54.54.png

If you uncheck it, you may have access to the other CD labels.

Does this help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh oh oh oh! thank you! I had no idea that setting was there. Works perfectly.   (Working with some of the widgets requires figuring out for yourself and I was happy that I could figure this one out otherwise)

Perhaps you know, this widget has three "pop-ups" and three triggers for each instance. Can I separate those to three different CDs? Or does the triple instance serve another purpose? i wasn't sure. At this point I have a new instance of the widget for each CD. But I've only done 4 so far, so correcting that would be no big deal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me answer, because I am quite sure, that fotoroeder​ doesn’t know the answer! (Excuse me, Uwe!)

The widget doesn’t have "three triggers", it has countless triggers. These three triggers are simply meant as examples, and you can add as many new triggers as you want. Of course you can delete unnecessary triggers as well). Simply click onto one of the the small "+" icons to add triggers, or activate a trigger and press "Backspace" to delete it.

Screen.jpg

You see: It should be enough to have only one widget. Resize and configure each trigger as you like,  place it where ever you want, and add new triggers – just as much as necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi siegbrunn​, you can add as many triggers  as you want, they of course lead to the same amount of targets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha, of course I know this, , and added to Günter Heißenbüttel​, if you want something else, as I am not 100% clear about your wishes

"Can I separate those to three different CDs? Or does the triple instance serve another purpose?", you should give us more information, but I think you are on a good way instead of a woodway .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(was only kidding fotoroeder!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, if I made you think I am thin-skinned. . You are not that bad as a teacher, btw .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you both! I understand what you are saying and tomorrow i'll go back in and clean up the woodpile. It's much easier than I thought! Good night all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines