Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush, Pencil and all tool strokes not registering when drawing rapidly

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All,

I've just migrated all my data to a new computer, and both versions of Flash I have (CS5 & CC 2015) are now experiencing this problem.

When I draw rapidly, every second brush stroke doesn't register.

It's not just the Brush and Pencil tool either. It's all tools that I've tested: Eraser, Lasso, Line Tool, Free Transform, Rectangle Tool etc are all dropping 'strokes' when I try to use them rapidly.

It happens when using my Cintiq, but not with mouse. It doesn't exist in any other Adobe program. I downloaded Animate CC 2017 to see if it was a glitch caused by migration, that doesn't seem to be the case. The problem also exists in Animate.

I'm using a 2015 iMac, Sierra OS, 32GB of RAM. Cintiq 27QHDT with up to date drivers.

I've been really digging around and found people with similar problems, but no solution. Would love to hear from anyone that could help :^)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

This problem was specific to Mac OS 10.12 using wacom tablets. It can be fixed by installing the latest wacom drivers.

In case new drivers are not available for your wacom device, perhaps downgrading your OS to 10.11 is the only option to avoid this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

install animate cc 2017 and update your cintiq drivers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated I've done both of those things my dude. The problem still persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: As per the suggestion of adobe support, I've uninstalled the updated driver, reinstalled the same version from my old setup. Still no changes, the problem is still there.

Any other suggestions guys?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I may be wrong but it's likely that your iMac's graphics chip simply can't process a 27" Cintiq in addition to calculating vectors. You have to remember that an iMac is essentially just a laptop without an attached keyboard and they're just not that powerful when it comes to graphic calculations. As Animate has grown up, it's requirements have ramped up as well so you might try an earlier version of the software and see if that helps. Animate works fine on all my systems and although I only have a Cintiq 22HD touch I never see performance lag and I've got three monitors running including a 52 " TV attached to my computer.

If that's not it, then it's also possible that Sierra is causing trouble as I've heard a LOT about performance issues regarding it. I'm also running OSX but I use a Hackintosh and I'm running El Capitan and again I don't really see these lags.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the detailed reply Asymetrical :^) I honestly don't think it's a graphics lag. It doesn't exist in any other program except Animate. Photoshop CC is running perfectly fine. I don't even think it's 'lag' as such. It's more that it's just not registering strokes at all when you draw rapidly.

I'll try some earlier versions but I'm not holding out much hope. The copies of Flash CC 2015 and CS5 I already had picked up the bug when I tried them out on the new computer.

I think your hunch about Sierra is right. As stated, I'll keep looking for a solution and keep this thread updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Goodsniff! I was also having the same problem you were. One of these two fixes solved the problem ( I believe it was the Wacom installation ).

​ Fix #1

​Disconnect Wacom from computer. Remove your Wacom driver & preferences using the Tablet Utility. Restart your computer. Install the latest driver. Restart your Mac. Once the system reloads, connect your Wacom to the computer.

​

​Fix #2

​In your mouse preferences, speed up the setting of your double-click option.

​

​One of the two should do the trick! Good luck!

​

​Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Milton, you and @Preran are right, the driver update has solved the issue! Thankyou both for being so comprehensive. I can finally animate in peace again ☮

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh my god im soo glad I discovered your post

fix #2 did it for me, much thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates:

I've taken the iMac to Apple:

>They ran a test with Malware Bytes and found nothing wrong with the computer

>They did a complete factory reset of the computer

Annnnd, the problem still remains.

However, the breakthrough I have had is: I've downloaded and tried out Animate CC 2017 on another iMac with Sierra OS. Lo and behold, the brush stroke delay exists on this system too.

That then eliminates the possibility that the problem is stemmed from the individual computer itself. It looks like it might be a compatibility issue between OS Sierra and Adobe Animate CC.

Which is pretty bogus to say the least. I must say I find it very strange no one else that I can find has encountered this problem if it's an OS compatibility issue. However It seems the most likely explanation at the moment. 

I'm going to keep hunting around for a solution, whether it be from Adobe support or whatever work around I can find, and will keep this thread updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. MBP 2015, Sierra, CC 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the solution from Milton. From what I understand, most of the Sierra related issues have been fixed in the latest update of Adobe Animate released on March 2016.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was about to make a new angry post, but found this thread. I am having exactly the same issue, and it's very serious - basically I cannot work and had to roll back to Flash CS6, because this is the only version that doesn't have this problem on OS Sierra. I tested all the Animate CC versions. I didn't have this issue on my previous Mac OS Yosemite with Animate 2017. Did I just buy a new iMac for nothing? I can try to roll back to older OS, but the thing is, that it happens ONLY in ANIMATE! No other software has any issues with my Wacom tablet drawing speed, so rolling back only for Animate is a bit awkward...

I have noticed that Animate takes a moment to register and apply the stroke - I believe this problem is in Animate or a conjunction of Wacom and Animate, but unfortunately I cannot update Wacom drivers to check if it will work, because I am using older Wacom tablet models and newest drivers do not work for them. I really cannot spend another 1500$ for buying new Wacom devices...

Any other fixes for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem was specific to Mac OS 10.12 using wacom tablets. It can be fixed by installing the latest wacom drivers.

In case new drivers are not available for your wacom device, perhaps downgrading your OS to 10.11 is the only option to avoid this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have done my research before buying the iMac (but really - who would have thought?!) - alas, I cannot even downgrade it now, because it's a new iMac 2017, and won't allow do downgrade to anything less than 10.12...

I wonder - if I upgrade instead would that issue be still on 10.13?

But still I don't understand - why this issue is ONLY on Animate CC?? Photoshop and TVPaint draw just perfect!

Luckily, my wife agreed to switch with her iMac, which still has El Capitan and seems that everything works fine there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a follow up update - finally I had to buy a new 22HD Cintiq and a new Intuos tablet, and sell my old Cintiq, because of this problem. Thank you Wacom, Adobe, Apple and progress in general to make people suffer and spend so much money! I think it's time to switch professions - maybe I'll go to baking, at least there are no software problems there Next time think 100 times before upgrading to anything new!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines