• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD Error 21

Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to share a prototype from Adobe XD but it says "There was a problem creating your interactive prototype. (error 21)."

I found nothing about error 21 on the internet. Unbenannt.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Yes the name is the problem.

Dennis Gründel -> error 21

Dennis Gruendel -> no error

Gründel -> error 21

I'm using version 0.6.24.10 Beta

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please send us your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message along with a link to this post? To send a PM, click my picture and use the Message button. We will get in touch with you for investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant write you a private message. On my computer I cant click on the send button (tried Chrome, Edge) and on mobile device nothing happens when clicking send button...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if there's a connection between getting error 21 and not being able to click the message Send button. I sent a message to Preran, and it seemed to go out ok.

I'll give sharing a try, see if any errors happen for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it is possible that I can't connect to the Adobe servers? But today a support member told me to try XD in a local administrator account and there was no problem. Only in my Standart user account. I reinstalled windows 10 today but nothing changed. And my account is an administrator. I tried it today in University too with other wifi than at home. Same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was an update to Xd two days ago. Are you using the new one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think so. After reinstalling Creative Cloud 10 times today it must be the newest version. Yesterday I made an update for XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Windows 10 Creator's Edition I seemed to have no trouble sharing the project. Does it fail with the most simple project, or only with more complicated ones?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested a blank site and a project with 8 sites. Everytime error 21.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error 21 indicates that there was a problem exporting the artboards for upload. I assume by "a blank site" you mean something like a single artboard with no content?

It might be worth checking that you have enough disk space and memory available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I tried a single white artboard as well as "a real project". I have more than enough diskspace and 8GB of memory. The problem is that it has worked under the new created user account but when I try to upload something in my personal windows 10 account I get an error 21. A support member in the chat wrote me that "error 21 is a permission problem"... Maybe that helps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I want to make sure I understand - you're saying that you can share while signed in to one Windows login, but not another, is that correct?

If so, how do the user names differ? We've seen problems when user names have special characters... does the user name on the account that fails contain any special characters like umlaut or similar?

It's also possible there might be a permissions issue when we're trying to write the composite out to the temp folder. Can you make sure that your Windows temp folder allows read & write permissions for all accounts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

yes in my Account "Dennis Gründel" I get the error 21. Then I created another account named "Admin" and there was no error.

But I can't change my name because it is what I typed in at windows installation or am I wrong?

I tried the guide with the temp folder but I didn't understand what point 9 meaned. 1 - 8 was no problem but I still get error 21.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. It does sound like you're running into an issue with special characters in your user name. You could verify this by creating a new user with an umlaut and seeing if you run into the same error while sharing.

Otherwise, we think this is caused by a known issue and we have a fix on the way for it. What version of XD are you using right now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the name is the problem.

Dennis Gründel -> error 21

Dennis Gruendel -> no error

Gründel -> error 21

I'm using version 0.6.24.10 Beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Again, our apologies for the issue. You're on the latest release. The fix should be in the next public release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed my name in the microsoft profile but still get the error

I will defenetly try to change it another way...

Can I get a notification when the problem is fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'll post another response here when the fix is released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if it's possible to change your name to work around this issue. I have a Win 10 machine and I can't find a way to change mine, but mine is locked down by our IT department. You *might* be able to change yours: 3 Ways to Change User Account Name in Windows 10

Other than that, check Creative Cloud to make sure you have the latest version, and if you do, you'll just have log in as a different user to be able to share for now. Sorry about that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines