• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artifacts from video player controls display on upper layers of multi-state object

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created an ePub file in InDesign CC 2017 which contains MP4 video content on a lower state of a multi-state object. The video controls (circle with triangle play button and rectangular bar containing the timeline slider, full screen button, etc...) are appearing on the object states above the state containing the video content.

It's important to note that this ONLY happens on iPads. I've tried several iOS ePub readers (iBooks and Adobe Digital Editions and the result is the same). The ePub functions correctly on MACS and PCs. I am also able to export to an SWF file and play the document from a browser without problems.

Image 1 - Video content (on lower state of multi-state object)

IMG_8941 2.JPG

Image 2 - Artifact from play button of video content (on upper state of multi-state object)

IMG_8942.JPG

Image 3 - Artifact from control bar of video content (on upper state of multi-state object)

IMG_8944.JPG

Additionally, I have tried setting the controller to 'none' in the interactive/media panel and the controls appear to be generated automatically regardless of the setting in InDesign. I have also tried exporting the video as a Snippet, editing the code to make the controls not appear, and placing the edited snippet in the document. This also did not work.

Thank you for any insight that would help me resolve this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Are you able to change your approach away from summoning a different STATE to hyperlinking to a different PAGE?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you add those items on top of the video? Have you tried using a poster image instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bob. If I'm understanding you're question correctly, I did not add the controller elements. They appear to be generated automatically when the ePub is opened in an ePub reader in iOS. As for the Poster Image, it is set to "from current frame' and I just scrolled forward to an appropriate part of the video. Are you suggesting I try using an image?

Thanks Again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s worth a try but this sounds like a reader bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion Bob. I wanted to let you know that using a poster image did not solve the problem. I agree that this sounds like a reader bug. iBooks on an iPhone has the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to change your approach away from summoning a different STATE to hyperlinking to a different PAGE?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Micheal. That is my workaround. Unfortunately on an a tablet it becomes a page that can be accessed by swiping which is not ideal but it will have to do because I'm not sure how to pursue this with Apple. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m glad that workaround was useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem... and it's driving me mad! Did you manage to find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, any news about this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines