• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving Keyframes with Arrow Keys

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I've searched for the answer to this already and found nothing, so please excuse me if this has been addressed.  I have recently switched to a different computer and, presumably, a different version of After Effects.  I'm accustomed to holding Option and using the Left and Right Arrow Keys to move selected keyframes one frame at a time.  On my new machine, this does not appear to work.  However, adding Shift to the shortcut still moves the selected keyframes in 10 frame increments.  I'm trying to meet a deadline.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Example:  A keyframe is at the 11th frame.  I want it to be at the 10th frame.  I select it.  I hold Option+Left Arrow Key to move the keyframe back 1 frame to the 10th frame.  Nothing happens.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017
I hold Option+Left Arrow Key to move the keyframe back 1 frame to the 10th frame.  Nothing happens.

yes this is supposed to work. maybe there is something assigned to the alt key in the Os keyboard preferences? or did you install some software hijacking the keystrokes? other than that this could be a corrupted preferences file so try resetting the preferences: Reset After Effects Preferences or it could be a bug for 14.2 on Sierra. we don't know yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without exact info nobody can help you. Throwing around vague statments like "presumably a different version of AE" is of no use to anyone - we can't know what you are not telling us. You have to give us the specifics such as exact version of AE, system info, possibly info about your comp, layers and what properties you are trying to nudge keyframes around.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, here is the exact info.  My version of AE, the latest available from CC, is Version 14.2.0.198.  I'm using a late 2014 iMac with the macOS Sierra version 10.12.4.  Finally, the kind of comp I'm using seems to make no difference, as the issue persists across any type of comp using keyframes for any parameters.  This is not a problem with any particular comp or layer or version of AE.  I experienced it before on this machine about a year ago with an earlier version.

This is an issue related to a hotkey or shortcut not functioning correctly.  If you have heard of this issue or experienced something similar, please help.  If not, please let others do so and avoid meddling or complaining about how the question was phrased.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hold Option+Left Arrow Key to move the keyframe back 1 frame to the 10th frame.  Nothing happens.

yes this is supposed to work. maybe there is something assigned to the alt key in the Os keyboard preferences? or did you install some software hijacking the keystrokes? other than that this could be a corrupted preferences file so try resetting the preferences: Reset After Effects Preferences or it could be a bug for 14.2 on Sierra. we don't know yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly!  Thank you.  I checked my OS keyboard shortcuts and had one assigned to Option+Left Arrow and Right Arrow.  Now I'm back on track, thanks to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome. thanks for the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines