• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign ME Arabic Issue

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone I was hoping to get help figuring out what's happening to these arabic words.Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 11.25.20 PM.png

I don't know how else to describe it. I've tried repasting and it seems as if they are connected. Meaning if I luckily get one fixed another breaks apart the same way.

Thanks so much

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Does it happen with another Arabic font? I do suspect this particular font you're using, however, check if the Tracking is at low level or at zero, tracking can be found in the Character Panel, do check the Kerning as well and see if changing Optical to Metrics will make any difference.

character.jpg

If all looks fine at your end, I would then need to replicate the problem on my machine, so please share your OS info, InDesign version, and perhaps the font itself in case I don't have it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it happen with another Arabic font? I do suspect this particular font you're using, however, check if the Tracking is at low level or at zero, tracking can be found in the Character Panel, do check the Kerning as well and see if changing Optical to Metrics will make any difference.

character.jpg

If all looks fine at your end, I would then need to replicate the problem on my machine, so please share your OS info, InDesign version, and perhaps the font itself in case I don't have it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Zaid I think you are spot on it's the typeface I'm using that is causing this problem. However it's really unusual that the problem has started 19 chapters in and so far just this chapter. The kerning and tracking are set to 0 as well.

I'm on 10.11.16 using InDesign CC 2017 and I believe it's the ME version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Amiri downloaded from Google Fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One last thing Zaid. It looks like it's where the word lands thats causing the issue. If I move the word elsewhere it fixes. If I grab any other word and paste it where it's currently breaking the word apart it does the same to the new word.

Hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ibbieosman  wrote

One last thing Zaid. It looks like it's where the word lands thats causing the issue. If I move the word elsewhere it fixes. If I grab any other word and paste it where it's currently breaking the word apart it does the same to the new word.

Hope that helps

In this case, it has nothing to do with the font, specially you mentioned that you didn't encounter any such issue in previous chapters.

I'm away from my post today and cannot investigate the Amiri Font, however my suspicion shifted towards something else, could it be you have an empty frame in the page or on the master that has perhaps text wrap? Try "Select All" while on the page to see if empty frames appears some where on the page, try the same on the Master page.

What happens if you create a new text frame and place your text in there, does these same behaviour occur?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll try that, thanks so much Zaid. I really appreciate the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Adobe World-Ready Paragraph Composer applied to the paragraph?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I do Jane. It's really odd that it's showing up on the 19th chapter of this book I'm laying out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines