• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

clone stamp not sticking...

Engaged ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really new to AE; have been watching tutorials and will continue to learn. In the meantime there's something relatively simple I'm trying to do; use the clone stamp to "erase" my tripod from a 360 video shot (don't need motion tracking, it's a static shot). I'm using 360VRToolbox plugin, "reorient sphere" setting to change the equirectangular view to something better for cloning tripod.

I am able to clone/erase tripod, but when I change the view back to equirectangular, my cloning work gets shifted, so it's no longer in the right place--an entirely different part of the frame is getting cloned. Still learning about layers and comps, maybe it has to do with that?

Any help would be appreciated, or links to tutorials, etc.

Attaching screenshots of tripod, erased tripod, and how cloning work gets shifted after reverting back to equirectangular view. Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 7.36.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 7.36.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 7.38.21 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017
Thanks Roei. I've tried precomposing the layer but still having the issue.

I don't see you selected "move all attributes". these are the steps: you flatten your footage, clone stamp it, then precomp "move all attributes", then on that precomp you apply the reverse back with the plugin. try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to pre-compose. The cloning works just as it should, but apparently you don't understand how AE's rendering order works. You can't just toggle stuff inside an effect and hope AE somehow will magically know what to do.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply; I wasn't expecting magic, as I said I'm new to AE, trying to understand how it works.

I read about precomposition here, but in this description it's assumed that I have multiple layers in the timeline panel, which I don't have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jimtron. It Also says this: "Precomposing a single layer is useful for adding transform properties to a layer and influencing the order in which elements of a composition are rendered."

some render operations require precomposing. Some are obvious, And some you learn by trial and error. This is because Some effects (most) will rasterize the layer after the effect is applied and this allows you to apply multiple effects on the same layer. some won't so you have to precomp to reasterize.

Precompose the layer with the clone effect and choose "move all attributes". Now apply the second effect To the precomp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Roei. I've tried precomposing the layer but still having the issue. The clone works, even with playback. But when I reorient the view to equirectangular via the 360VR plugin, the cloning stays exactly where it was in relation to the frame, instead of staying with the ground area (like in OP screenshots).

Is there another rendering step I may be missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us full screen of the U.I on both comps. Press UU on the layer so we can see all modified properties and keep the effect controls panel open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roei: missed post #6 before. I'm attaching screenshots, let me know if there's more you want to see.Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 11.13.31 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-26 at 11.13.47 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd just add that if it is a still shot, I'm not even sure I'd use the clone stamp.

I'd just copy a section of the grass, place it over the item and feather the edges.  It will probably look less obvious too.

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kirkeric: It is a video clip, but camera locked down...copying a section of grass would work, but the problem I'm having is to get a clear view of tripod I have to reorient equirectangular view--which is no problem--but after erasing tripod, I'm having trouble baking that work in, so when I go back to equi view the retouching is in the wrong place.

Again, I'm super new to AE, probably doing something dumb. I've tried rendering and pre-composing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jimtron,

Going further on the locked down, still angle - If in fact it is locked down, I'd freeze the image or fix and render a single still, bring it back in and then extend to length.  It would be baked in that way for sure.

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eric: I am able to get clone stamp work baked in. But not after reorienting image, which is necessary to get clear view of tripod.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

Ok.  I'm trying to visualize in my head. So, you are clone stamping the object out and then rendering the length of the video to "lock it down"?  Right?  What kind of reorienting are you doing?  Rotating?

In any case, if you are stamping it, locking it down, and adjusting it resulting in it slipping, that tells me there is either movement in the video or the process is creating a movement that is impacting that clone stamp.

On the surface, it seems locking it down (aka baking it in), pre-comping should address that.

And not to beat a dead horse but it really seems the still would fix all of that.  I promise I won't mention that again though.

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, you are clone stamping the object out and then rendering the length of the video to "lock it down"?  Right?  What kind of reorienting are you doing?  Rotating?

Right. I'm using the 360VR Toolbox plugin (reorient sphere specifically) to reorient an equirectangular spherical panorama, to access the nadir. At 1:05 in this video, what I'm doing is shown: 360VR Toolbox Public Beta Launch Video - YouTube

In any case, if you are stamping it, locking it down, and adjusting it resulting in it slipping, that tells me there is either movement in the video or the process is creating a movement that is impacting that clone stamp.

The clone work isn't slipping; it's staying where it is, instead of moving back down to the bottom of the frame with the image, when I change the effect back to equi orientation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

I see it more clear now on your problem.

Have you happened to look at some of Mettle's tutorials?  (The maker of Skybox)

You may have already seen all of these but the top right video may shed light.  Apologies if you have done this already.

http://www.mettle.com/skybox-tutorials/

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've seen that; that's exactly what I'm doing, but with a different plugin. With 360VR Toolbox I'm able to clone the tripod out, but not bake in the cloning when returning to equi view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see you selected "move all attributes". these are the steps: you flatten your footage, clone stamp it, then precomp "move all attributes", then on that precomp you apply the reverse back with the plugin. try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sure sounds like the fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Roei+Tzoref  wrote

That did it! Thanks Roei, checking "move all attributes" and reorienting with the precomp did the trick, thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad we got you sorted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines