• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do i replace a color fabric pattern image with a solid color (i.e. black or white)

Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I want to convert the attached image from a color pattern to all white while maintaining the fabric texture?

I have Photoshop CC on Windows.

Thanks.

shoe-pattern.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck on that one. Since the "texture" isn't even visible in many areas, this would be a rather hellish job, since it needs to be re-painted/ cloned from otehr regions. The red could be easily eliminated with some adjustments or channel operations, but the black not so much, at least not easily. Even the thread the shoes are stitched with is black, meaning more manual painting and selections. That and of course the image is very low-res and of poor quality to begin with. Lots of JPEG compression artifacts. It's really so bad it seems hardly worth any effort. If you still want to go through, be prepared for this to be very time-consuming and requiring lots of extra steps.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, Would this shoe be easier? I want to convert the blue color to white while preserving the canvas texture.
If I know the steps involved I should be able to figure it out.

Thank you.

shoe-sample2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Those were my thoughts too. Do you know where I can grab some good photoshop fabric textures?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines