Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Just D/L Lightroom and it won't recognise RAW

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so 5 minutes ago I downloaded Lightroom

I then went to upload and it won't recognise my RAW files. They are CR2, I'm using a Canon G5X which is on the approved list. it tells me I can search for an update then says it was unsuccessful because the server is offline or I'm offline (which I'm clearly not given I'm posting this).

Can anyone help? I've had a search but largely I find unanswered questions or ones that just link to "check your camera is on the approved list" which I've already checked.

Given I've literally just downloaded the programme I can't believe that I have to search for updates!! I had Lightroom 2 and it imported RAW files without any issues. There's no obvious solution being suggested by Lightroom, it's just telling me that files can't be read even though their own literature says my camera and files are supported.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

If you just downloaded and installed Lightroom 6, you have installed Lightroom 6.0. The camera you referred to requires at least Lightroom 6.3, which means that you need to install an update. That is a normal process with Lightroom, Adobe does not update the main program installer whenever there is an interim update. The current update available for Lightroom 6 is Lightroom 6.10, and it's available from the following website:

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Click on the Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 l

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you just downloaded and installed Lightroom 6, you have installed Lightroom 6.0. The camera you referred to requires at least Lightroom 6.3, which means that you need to install an update. That is a normal process with Lightroom, Adobe does not update the main program installer whenever there is an interim update. The current update available for Lightroom 6 is Lightroom 6.10, and it's available from the following website:

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Click on the Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 link on the page and click on the topmost update. That single update will update both Lightroom CC and Lightroom 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you just downloaded Lightroom, then you most likely have have Version 6.0.  You need Version 6.3 as a minimum for the G5X.  The latest Version is 6.10.  Check for updates in the menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines