Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback keeps pausing after 1-3 seconds

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guy's, hope you can help

I installed Premiere Elements 15 about 5 hours ago and so far have been unable to get imported videos to playback without pausing after 1 to 3 seconds.

Video File type is .mov

System: Mac OS 10.12.4, Mac Pro (2010) with a 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon processor, 16GB memory, AMD Radeon HD 7970 3072 MB video card, running on a OWC Mercury EXTREME Pro 6G SSD.

I have run through all the troubleshooting on Adobe site, and through similar forum questions, all with no luck - the video just keeps pausing after a few seconds.

The video files play perfectly in QuickTime, Adobe Lightroom, and iMovie.

I've tried converting to .mp4 format, but that makes no difference either.

I've tried rendering the video, and that makes no difference (there is no yellow bar above the video with I import it onto the timeline).

I'm at a loss. Could anyone offer any insight or away to fix this problem?

Thank you so much for your time and help 🙂

David.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the source of the .mov files?  What are the file specifications?  How are you setting up the project?  What are the project settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks whsprague

The files are from a Nikon D800, 1280x720, 16bit at 59.94fps.

I set up the project using DSLR, 720 at 60fps.

I'm currently trying other settings, but no luck so far, just the same playback pause result.

Thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another interesting result -

Create a new project and just importing audio - playback still pauses after a few seconds.

Perhaps it's a deeper issue than the actual video file and project setup?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The normal way to set up a project is automatic.  Open a new project and add some video clips.  When you slide the first one to the timeline it is supposed to match the settings to the clip.  

With that computer it should run smoothly.   I don't have a clue why it wouldn't. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it's a strange one for sure. Yes, I've tried all ways of creating a project, but get the same result. I spent 3 hours with Adobe linked into my computer and they couldn't figure it out either. They said they would get back to me, so hopefully they may find out what's happening.

Thanks again for your suggestions whsprague 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same problem! I push play above my timeline (either with a mouse click or the spacebar) and it only plays briefly...between a fraction of a second to a few seconds. It doesn't stop on anything in particular (I looked for whether it was ending on an edit point...nope).

I have a Dell XPS8700 with Intel i7 processor, 16GB of RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 graphics card, and Samsung Pro 860 1TB SSD. Everything on Premiere and every other application runs like lightning. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As we've explained, this indicates that a background process is interrupting your playback.

Open your Task Manager. As you play your timeline, what activity are you seeing under Apps that causes the playback to stop? What is happening under Background Processes?

There is no one-size-fits-all solution. The issue is related to something happening on your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found it was the fact that I was playing back through Bluetooth audio that made my Premiere pause. As soon as I went back to built in output the issue stopped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue after the recent update,  i was also streaming the audio to a bluetooth speaker and switching the output to default fixs the pausing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I had the same problem for a whole day and now that I saw this about bluetooth, I switched my laptop's bluetooth off and it now works fine 🙂 Thanks greggyr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Imagine not being able to use bluetooth with Adobe products and apparently according to Steve on these forums, its not a bug its a feature lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been strugling with this problem for a long time. I have understood this is a problem with the audio hardware > output settings, when I select a different output (software) I have playback but no sound. today I have found the solution for my system. I am using only the two speakers from a desktop 5.1 sound system (creative with subwoofer) the input to the pc is with 3 jack connectors, front, rear and subwoofer. the problem was fixed when I unpluged the subwoofer and rear jacks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx! Finally I can work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue. Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GB ram, Nvidia GTX 1060, audio output is through aux to speakers. It's not always consistent, sometimes a few seconds, up to about 15 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey David and whoever is reading this;

I ran into this problem again for like the 12th time on and off, and I FINALLY found the fix behind it.

If this was mentioned before by either admins or other users, if there are other 'processes' or 'drivers' that are being enabled and disable in the middle as you do your playback, you'll have errors.

To the point, my issue had to do with my AUDIO DRIVERS! Where I went was to my sound settings where all my drivers are to enable/disable them. For me in my recording section, I noticed that my webcam that has a microphone was connecting and disconnecting repeatedly for no apparent reason, even though I had it disabled. As if I was plugging it in and out of my computer. All I had to do was unplug that drive out of my computer and it worked! My camera is faulty, and I still question why it's still plugged in (lol), but this solved it.

I recommend that if you are still having this issue to either do the same thing as me or check your device manager to see if drivers are disappearing and reappearing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so very much! You saved me so muc time and stress trying to figureit out. Have a great week!:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT WAS MY WEBCAM TOO!!!!! Spent hours on support and this solved it 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me as well. Happened to be my webcam causing the issue. Unplugged it and PP is working just fine again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dude, THANK YOU. this worked. I totally forgot my webcam had a microphone and was messing with the audio. I tried everything before this, you're a legend

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I don't know if anyone else found this specific solution, but I was having this problem and tried everything. I eventually noticed that my audio track mixer was glitching every time I hit play (Video would play for a second and then stop). No audio was coming through so I checked all the audio hardware, and my audio interface wasn't connecting with Pr for some reason. 

Basically, I had to go into the audio hardware settings in premier and set "Input Device" to None.

A little annoying but I never use pr to record so it's fine for me, hope this helped someone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems this issue is always related to audio hardware.  In my case, I had recently told Premiere to use my microphone as an input.  To resolve the issue with playback, I simply had to change the Default Input to No Input, and it worked.  

jeremytang_0-1661321509327.png

Why this is still a problem 5 years after this post was first made, I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why this is still a problem 5 years after this post was first made, I don't know.

It might be because it is not a common problem for most users.  It seems limited to users with unique audio systems in their computer.   Mine does not need "No Input".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, this fixed my issue! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines