Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio is unsync (moving forward) when rendering

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Scenario:

We have setup AE 2015 along with AEM on our Windows VM. The AE renders out AVI format video dumps into a folder which is being watched by the AEM. It then renders out the AVI to MP4.

The Problem:

I have designed the template in my local machine (Mac OS) and uploaded it to my Windows VM on the cloud. Upon rendering it on the VM, the AVI output has unsync audio in that video file, the first audio clip has been displaced 5-10 frames hence resulting the last (9th audio clip) to be not included in the video file, which is very strange I have never experienced any bug of such fashion.

On my local Mac the video output is rendering just fine as I have done in the template.

What I have already tried out:

On my local Mac I pre-rendered all the layers into MP4 including audio files except the three text layers and a image layer which we are dynamically updating on our VM. Relinked the rendered MP4 (with perfectly synced audio output) back into the template just leaving only 4 dynamic layers as mentioned earlier. Uploaded the template on the VM, rendered it there and we get AVI output with unsync audio, same result I get moving audio to 5-10 frames. I don't get it how come it can change MP4 file upon second render which is very strange to me?

Any help in this capacity would be really helpful.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Audio.  Hmmmmm.

I smell a rat -- a Compressed Audio Rat, to be specific.

AE has NEVER been good with compressed audio.  If you are using mp3 or ac3 -- actually, anything other than wav or aiff -- you're taking chances and you should convert them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can tell you anything without exact details. You have written a lot, but not provided any shred of useful info - no render settings, no output settings, no info on how you actually verify your audio, no details on your audio settings on the systems and AE's audio prefs, no cache settings. The list could go on and on. All you ever do is throw around generic mentions of MP4 files and AVI when the latter of which is merely a container format that can have a million different CoDecs and settings inside. Really, nobody can make anything of your write-up, least of all help you track down the problem.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audio.  Hmmmmm.

I smell a rat -- a Compressed Audio Rat, to be specific.

AE has NEVER been good with compressed audio.  If you are using mp3 or ac3 -- actually, anything other than wav or aiff -- you're taking chances and you should convert them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Dave LaRonde Thanks a ton, your suggestion fixed my issue.

@Mylenium Thank you for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines