• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview limitation in After effects

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I add the file to after effects and its only rendering 36s outta 49 seconds.  I have a pc, Windows 10. I just starting using this software and dont know much about it. I made a short clip in the adobe premiere cc and then wanted to add better effects in after effects but it wont load the whole video. any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

I see. you are not able to preview your composition. is that the issue here? After Effects is not Premiere, it can only preview in one succession what it can load into your RAM. this is to be expected. this is probably a good place to point out that Ae is not intuitive. you can't just expect to open and get right to it.

read here about preview: Preview without rendering in After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

show us the full interface. it's probably the work area. unlike premiere, where the work area feature is optional, in Ae - it's the default way of working. you set your work area by dragging the handles:

and when Ae renders, it renders the work area time span by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all the time is set correctly, but it will just stop half way through, then I'll get blue lines where the greens line are as well. Untitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. you are not able to preview your composition. is that the issue here? After Effects is not Premiere, it can only preview in one succession what it can load into your RAM. this is to be expected. this is probably a good place to point out that Ae is not intuitive. you can't just expect to open and get right to it.

read here about preview: Preview without rendering in After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 10:56 PM Roei Tzoref <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol why wouldn't you be able to open a software you pay a lot of money for and have it not work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are referring to the RAM limitation, this is how the software is designed to work... I'd spend some decent amount of time in the Adobe Ae's tutorial page and learn what it can and cannot do. You might still like it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

":...lol why wouldn't you be able to open a software you pay a lot of money for and have it not work..."

Dude, you need to learn how AE works and what it's for.

It does NOT work like a video editor, where you just press the space bar and everything plays in real time.  Why?  BECAUSE IT'S NOT A VIDEO EDITOR!  It's an effects, compositing and motion graphics application.  It was made for totally different things.  Video editing isn't among them. 

AE assumes that you're making fundamental and complicated changes to video, the kinds of things that would bring any NLE to a grinding halt.  So it doesn't even try for realtime playback.  It's secondary.  It uses a different way to check one's work: previewing.

If you want to get beyond the frustration stage with AE, I STRONGLY recommend that you spend a whole boatload of quality time learning the basics here:

After Effects tutorials | Learn how to use After Effects CC

Learn the basics of AE from the pros and not some high school kid on youtube.  Who do you think knows AE better -- a pro or a high school kid on youtube?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that, im trying to add effects into my video, and it wont let me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you experiencing other issues than the preview limitation? what exactly is wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you say it won't let you add effects, can you be more specific?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines