• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text wrap causes type to break lines early

Contributor ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello every one. I am laying out a brochure in ID CC on a Mac. I have an anchored image with text. For some reason the type wants to skip to the next line early. That is to say even though there plenty of room for text on that line it wants to drop it to the next line. I am attaching an image of the issue and images of the text wrap panel and the text frame options.Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 2.08.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-26 at 2.05.23 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-26 at 2.04.48 PM.png As you can see there is more then enough room for the word "Hospital" but for some reason it wants to group "Hospital in Chicago" all as one block.  Any ideas why? There aren't any  other objects with text wrap that could be interfering so I am confused.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Try turning off (in your paragraph style) under Indents and Spacing > find the checkbox for Balance Ragged Lines. Does that influence it?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture d’écran 2017-04-26 à 22.34.12.png

(^/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmm. Forgive my ignorance is that left justify and align to grid?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!

(^/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off (in your paragraph style) under Indents and Spacing > find the checkbox for Balance Ragged Lines. Does that influence it?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the solution. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was it! Thanks. That was very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to keep specific word together use either a nonbreaking space or keep paragraph style. Or use the balanced lines command in paragraph styles or as script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your answer was very useful. I'll have to look up non breaking spaces and keep paragraph style. Im a bit unfamiliar with those options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Next time I answer in Japanese! 

(^/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines