• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add yellow outer glow to person

Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm trying to add an outer glow to a person set against a white background. (so i have already deleted the original background using the majic wand).

Also my paint bucket tool seems to be hidden and i do not have a colour selector option in the blending options window?

Screenshot (10).png

Please help ASAP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Hello, first of all the outer glow looks disabled in the layer style panel: on the list of the Styles clic on Outer Glow to switch in on and access to the parameters of the Glow.

Once you're in the parameters, choose color you want for your glow. Then, since you're using a white background, I suggest you to choose "normal" as a bending mode, because the mode that Photoshop will set as the default will work only on dark bacgkrounds.

Glow.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, first of all the outer glow looks disabled in the layer style panel: on the list of the Styles clic on Outer Glow to switch in on and access to the parameters of the Glow.

Once you're in the parameters, choose color you want for your glow. Then, since you're using a white background, I suggest you to choose "normal" as a bending mode, because the mode that Photoshop will set as the default will work only on dark bacgkrounds.

Glow.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have apparently not yet set the Outer Glow (check the checkbox), then select it to change the Colour and Blend Mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done all that still nothing happening with the glow on the actual photo.

I just want a glow around the border of the person.

ThanksScreenshot (11).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your opacity is 0, adjust it higher.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanku that was a good help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may want to give K’mo’s post the »Correct Answer«-marking then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines