• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not open LR 6 today. A window requests activation of mobile software

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR opened yesterday.  Today a pop up window requests initiation of a mobile addition to my software.  Rejecting took me back to the beginning.  I called Adobe, after 3 techs, they downloaded an new version of LR6.  I can not open, because it says my catalogues are open in another version.  Need help.  Six hours into this issue.

The Lounge

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Lightroom forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea of how to follow this to LR forums.  Can  you help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share some more infromation like:

- Your OS

- Your exact version of Lightroom

- The exact word-for-word message appearing and when exactly it is appearing ... or even better a screenshot.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response.

I am in window 10

I have LR 6 = I do not recall the version of 6 and can not open LR to check

Sequence

• 4/24 everything worked fine, i can access and process the 21,000 edited images on my computer
  • 4/25 I try to open LR and I get a pop up window that says my trial on a mobile upgrade for LR has 7 days to continue.  I have two options, continue with the mobile trial or purchase the upgrade;  There is no cell coverage where I live or at my cottage, my only cell is buried in a cubilcal in my car and I use the hands-free option while drive.  I have never taken a photo with my phone, although it is capable of doing this. There is no way I could have initiated a mobile trial from the phone in my car.  Optioning out of the trial in the pop up window takes me back to the LR icon, and I start over.  Multiple attempts to fail.
  • 4/25 I call LR and in the course of 3 hours speak to four techs.  They claim I began a trial of LR mobile and it selected an older version of LR 4  (and activated its serial number) that was still on my computer.  The ghost mobile trial  had also prevented access to my LR 6.  Years ago I had purcahsed LR 3 from Best Buy, but upgraded to 4, 5 and 6 through Adobe on line in subsequent years
  • 4/25 the 4th LR tech changed the active LR serial number back to my LR 6 which they had on file.  I had to end the conversation with LR and take care of other business
  • 4/25 Opening LR 6 now does not pull up the mobile trial window, but never opens because it says it can not find my images, because the related files now are already open LR 4 as a result of the ghost trial of mobile.
  • Same result in the days since.  I now have an additional 250 unprocessed images in my camera and hard drive and perhaps 6 hours into the problem.

Thanks for any additional help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines