• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH7 - Can't open topics - is it this .ldb file?

Sep 15, 2008 Sep 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've been working in RH7 on two projects imported from x5. I've had no problems up until yesterday.

All of a sudden, after I opened the project, RH7 wouldn't open the selected topic. Instead RH7 now just hangs, and I have to ctrl+alt-delete.

I noticed this a.m. that there is now an ldb file in the project folder, and if I delete it, a new one comes back. I don't see this file in my other projects, and I don't see in my tools/options how to get rid of it.

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the problem I'm having.

I tried to create a "fresh" project to see if it the issue stemmed from x5, but I had the same problem.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem, and if so, what did you do to resolve it?

Many thanks,

Lori

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2008 Sep 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The LDB file is one the is created when you open the project and it should get deleted when you close it. The project has a database in a CPD file. It is a Microsoft Access database and the LDB is created by that. It means Locked DataBase. You can delete it in a closed RH project but don't delete it in an open project, I think it will not allow that but not sure.

If you cannot open a new project, then something is wrong with the installation. I don't think it is to do with activation as that would tell you it was refusing to open until you activate.

If after a reboot you still cannot create a new project, then try a reinstall, unless of course you are trying to open a project across a network. If you are, projects must be local.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 17, 2008 Sep 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter, I've requested that our IT department reinstall my software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2008 Sep 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Let us know if it works.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp