• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LIGHTROOM AND ACR will not update

Enthusiast ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I simply cant get LR CC to update to a latest version (LR does not even tell me which version is it on). It used to work with CR2 files from my 5D4 but since it updated it does not, I have to convert them to DNG. I've uninstalled LR twice, I've logged out of Creative Cloud desktop and restarted, I've uninstalled CC-Desktop.
I've turned off my mac and back on again.
I'm running Sierra 10.12.4.Lightroom says its on camera RAW 9.0 and LR Build1014445.
The transform by drawing lines has gone, the (useless) dehaze has also gone.

When LR boots up it simply says 2015 release
I STILL don't have lens correction for the Canon 24-105 Lmk2 lens
I've tried to download LR only from Adobes pages, via the LR installer - it  started with the CC-desktop and said all good with my current version.
I'm currently installing Camera RAW 9.1.1 from Adobe's site.
I tried to download the LRCC2015.10 setup.dmg update from Adobe and was advised my advisor needed to run the app. I'm the advisor and everything to stop software installing is stopped because I need this to work
I'm wasting hours now because I need to straighten art work using the transform using lines - ACR still works in photoshop, but not every photo needs photoshop work done on it.
I'm beginning to get very frustrated, as my laptop is perfectly happy with its updating and it reads CR2 files from my 5D4.

I've checked my billing - last invoice was ±7th April 2017 and the card is still up to date.

Anyone got a clue what I can do because CC-Desktop says all apps are up to date.
Thanks in advance

LR.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update manually from here.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

What you have now is the original release, CC 2015.0. The update you need is CC 2015.10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - Just Shoot Me​ & DdeGannes
Downloaded the application - was 6.0 / 2015.0, then I downloaded the 438 not 205 Mb setup.DNG file for the update
http://swupdl.adobe.com/updates/oobe/aam20/mac/AdobeLightroom-6.0/6.10/setup.dmg

And I get this problem (again)

Any more ideas? Security settings on my mac are :

Appreciate your help, but its getting to a stage where I'm wndering WTF is wrong with Creative Cloud and when Lightroom CC 2018 will appear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found how to get around the admin :
Was from a post October 2015

Rayyann

Correct Answerby Rayyann on Oct 27, 2015 2:09 PM

Hi Richard,

Try  delete or rename AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat file

MAC <Startup Disk>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdaterInventory/1.0/AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat

Windows C:\Program files\common files\adobe\AAMUpdaterInventory\1.0\AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat

and update

Share this link with Administrator .This links will helpful Disable auto-updates | Application Manager | IT administrators  

Hope it Helps !!

Many Thanks,

Rayyan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks    Rayyann​ for the help with the administrator foul up .dat file removal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for 1/2 the correct answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what "Just Shoot Me" posted. However since you have uninstalled your existing Lightroom application you need to re-install the full application first, then the update (patch).

Both are available from the link posted in the post earlier, the full application is over 700 MB and the update patch LR CC 2015.10 is 207 MB.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the other 1/2 of the correct answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines