• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign cursor blinking

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My cursor keeps blinking and I can't select my tool bar and other options.  How do I fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

I have found another forum with the same problem, this time for Illustrator and one help suggestion finally did the trick!!! Deinstalled Web Companion and voila....! Thank you!

--->

121.  Re: Flickering Cursor

michalz14689326 Level 1

I've had this same problem with Illustrator and InDesign 2017 after an update two weeks ago. I went through the live chat support and was informed the root of the problem - the latest update in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign? What operating system?

Start by restoring your InDesign preferences:

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset and the worx doesn't help, unfortunately! Still having the same issues after trashing, uninstalling, reinstalling, updating, resetting and whatever I could find in forums or could think of myself --> InDesign cc 2017 latest update on Windows 10 latest update. I had the same problem recently with Photoshop CC 2017 when it came out and after several attempts, reinstalls, resets, etc. I resorted to CC 2015 --> I did the same now with InDesign: loaded CC 2015 and am forced to work with that. CC 2015 is running ok and at least I can continue working!

The blinking cursor also appeared and annoyed me in other programs I switched to, until I quit InDesign ...if that is any help in finding the problem.

Thanks for trying though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found another forum with the same problem, this time for Illustrator and one help suggestion finally did the trick!!! Deinstalled Web Companion and voila....! Thank you!

--->

121.  Re: Flickering Cursor

michalz14689326 Level 1

I've had this same problem with Illustrator and InDesign 2017 after an update two weeks ago. I went through the live chat support and was informed the root of the problem - the latest update installed a third-party application, 'Web Companion - Lavasoft,' and it was causing problems with my Creative Cloud apps. I simply uninstalled the application, as he directed me too, and everything is working perfectly again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the Web Companion Lavasoft on my laptop but it was not installed after I installed InDesign.  It was installed a year ago and my research shows that it is an Ad-Aware security program.  Do you have ads coming through since you uninstalled this program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar issue after installing OS 11 High Sierra. My cursor, in InDesign, was a fuzzy, blinking box. It still worked, but it was annoying.

I followed Steve Werner's advice and restored my Preferences. So far so good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, shoot!

Looks like I spoke too soon.

It's back!

I searched for the Web Companion Lavasoft, but couldn't find it.

I'll try the preferences thing again.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have installed High Sierra, see this:

Known issues - Running InDesign CC on macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Steve!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Steve, thanks for your help! My Indesign becomes work normally today, and yours?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had held off installing High Sierra but installed it yesterday with no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines