• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC on Mac Constantly Updating Text Layers

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone had this issue recently? My photoshop was running fine on Friday, and by Monday it had started updating the text layers on every single photoshop file I open. It's greatly slowing down my work and productivity. Even if I disable the box when opening the files, it still takes a very long time to edit text (I believe it is still updating them). I've uninstalled/reinstalled not only PS but my whole CC and it's still an issue. None of my settings were changed from when it was fine to when the problems started. Even if I let it update the files (takes at least 5 minutes to open a file each time due to updating), it's still very slow to edit the text.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anytime you run into unexpected behavior in Photoshop, more than likely Preferences (That file that keeps everything as you left it on exit) has been corrupted.

Let's try a reset:

Reset Prefs CC 2015.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried, and that wasn't the answer. Thank you for your advice though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then corrupted font caches makes better sense. Try the font troubleshooting guide in post 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac is NOTORIOUS for corrupt font caches.  That is the most likely cause of this problem.  You can (usually) solve that by going through the steps laid in Troubleshoot fonts in Adobe applications | Mac OS X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines