• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to secure a table in a PDF document but allow user edits. Also allow combining PDF's into a single project PDF document.

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do technical submittals for my company.  I want to secure the data which is in a table of the PDF file.  I also need  the ability for the user to fill out fields within the document and allow them to combine submittals into another file.

Security seems to be all or nothing.  If I protect the document it protects the table, but won't allow users to combine the protected PDF files into another PDF for project submission.

Any ideas on how to do this?

I appreciate anyone's ideas.

Thanks,

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can combine protected files in a portfolio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Acrobat XI (11.0.20).  Portfolio doesn't seem to be an option?

Looking at the Portfolio on this website, I do not see how it applies.

I need to be able to protect the individual PDF's from alteration (other than filling out fields and signing), but allow the end user the ability to combine multiple protected PDF files into one protected "project" pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's not possible, unless you use a Portfolio, as was mentioned.

In Acrobat XI you can do it via File - Create - PDF Portfolio. Then select your files and merge them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines