• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

We have an Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Classic license that won't let me Redact?

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

As the title states our Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Classic 2015.006.30306 edition will not let us redact anything.

Once navigated to Tools > Redact it simply says "This feature is not included in your current Acrobat License"

However, everywhere I read, the Pro edition includes this redacting feature..

What am I missing? This is on windows 7 64-bit if that information is needed.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked for a similar problem:

1. Close acrobat

2. open regedit

3. goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\Activation

4. change "Disabled" to 1

5. restart acrobat

6. click on activate when the screen pops up

7. restart acrobat

if that fails, restore that registry value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was to no success and the changes were reverted..

Can anyone confirm that this licensed version is in fact supposed to have redact capabilities?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have no problem using redact with acrobat pro dc

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to support first, unfortunately they told me to come to the forums as my license was purchased in 2013 and they refused to help due to it being old and un-supported..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not upset with you - you are a valued customer.

Please keep in mind that most of us out here on the forums are not Adobe employees.  There are a few lurking around, but most of us are general Joe's and Jane's out here to help folks such as yourself.

That being said, in all honesty, support should NOT be sending you to Forums for licensing related issues.  I realize you didn't know that.  And that's OK - my beef is with Support.  Not with you.

On to your opportunity.

Check your Adobe ID & Account to make sure that it is still current and active.  If that's the case - your best bet will be to to unlicensed, completely uninstall, wipe, (reboot) reinstall Acrobat DC, and re-license it.  Then call support if it doesn't work.

If you have a perpetual license for Acrobat XI, and somehow upgraded (without having a current license on account) - that could be where your problems lie.  Again, unlicense, uninstall, all the Acrobat software.  Reboot, then install XI from your installation files (they can be found in your Adobe ID account), and reactivate it.  Do not upgrade if asked.

Why the reboot?  Still necessary (even in Windows 10) to completely unmount DLLs so they can be deleted.

I hope this helps!

If not, chime back with what you did, the results, etc. and we'll do what we can to further assist you.

Thanks

Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acrobat DC was not sold in 2013.  I think you may have given them license details for an old version that's out of support. Try and find the upgrade to DC, purchased some time from 2015 on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines