• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Links to external site does not work in IE browser

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a website using Muse. When the customer clicks a button it leads them to our FTP server where they can log-in to access our server. This link is not working. It shows an error "Link not available, cannot connect". It works fine in Chrome and Safari but will error when the customer uses IE browser. Anyone knows why? Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

On Safari, Chrome and Firefox I reach these:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-04-28 um 21.21.58.png

Bildschirmfoto 2017-04-28 um 21.22.24.png

Bildschirmfoto 2017-04-28 um 21.22.59.png

Maybe you should convince your client not to use restricted browsers like IE (whoever wants to use IE ).

I think a browser that doesn`t work across all platforms has no authorized to live in www. I see no advantage of IE.

We should teach the big companies and clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

www.simmonsrepgroup.com is the site. The top menu bar has a blue button (CLIENT PORTAL LOGIN)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link isn't working on Chrome either. For entering FTP info, see this page How Can I Link to a File or Folder on My FTP Server? [ExaVault]

I have not tried using a FTP link on my sites, so let us know if this info helped.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On Safari, Chrome and Firefox I reach these:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-04-28 um 21.21.58.png

Bildschirmfoto 2017-04-28 um 21.22.24.png

Bildschirmfoto 2017-04-28 um 21.22.59.png

Maybe you should convince your client not to use restricted browsers like IE (whoever wants to use IE ).

I think a browser that doesn`t work across all platforms has no authorized to live in www. I see no advantage of IE.

We should teach the big companies and clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines