• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE 2017 14.2 Crashing. Will not start.

Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to the latest version of AE.  It seemed to work well yesterday.  However, it did crash a couple of times while setting up my workspace.  But once I had that set, I was able to get some work done.  Today however, I cannot even start the program.  It crashes as soon as I try to open a project, I have tried various projects, even simply opening a new project.  It always crashes.

My system has not changed.  I run a PC with Windows 7, Intell(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v3 2.40GHz (2 processors), 32 GB of RAM, 64-bit operating system.

Please help, I need to get back to work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Reinstalled previous version.  Works great.  Let me know when bugs are fixed and I will upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried removing and reinstalling the program twice now.  First saving preferences, and the second time without.  Both had the same result.  The program crashes as soon as I try to open any project.

Tried not opening a project, but simply closing the welcome screen.  Program crashes.

I think the issue may have something to do with the plug-ins I use and the workspace I created.  I had trouble yesterday when setting up my workspace.  I think maybe the latest version does not play well with my plug-ins and extensions Here is a list: Rubber Hose, Motion 2, ExplodeShapeLayers, Reposition Anchor Point, Wipster, Midas, and Ray Dynamic Color.  But even after removing and reinstalling without saving preferences, my workspace did not change.  All of these plug-ins and extensions show up.  I think I need to clear them in order for the program to open properly, but I do not know how to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalled previous version.  Works great.  Let me know when bugs are fixed and I will upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can go into your scripts folder and remove the potentially offending scripts or (more likely to be useful) the potentially offending workspaces. Once you remove your custom workspaces, it should work just fine. Then you can try to rebuild.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,  I have the same issue - it seems to be caused by midas plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines