• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I import custom output module templates without using GUI?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question says it all! I'm creating render slaves, and I have .aom files that I've exported from my licensed version of AE that I'd like to be usable for the render slaves without engaging the UI, as they are ae_render_only_node.txt clients.

Where should I put the templates so that they are discoverable by After Effects CC 2017 (latest)?

The command line I'm using would look like this:

aerender.exe -project "[project path]" -comp "[Compname]" -OMtemplate "***path to aom file??***" -output "[output path]\[#####].png" -s [startFrame] -e [endFrame]

The .aom file would be the exported custom template I made within AE.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can always just re-make your custom output modules.  I figure I could re-make all of mine in about ten minutes, and I have about 20. 

How many minutes have you already wasted asking how to import the old ones?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

I'm new to these forums, and I see lots of snarky comments. Hopefully you can see that your comment was extremely snarky based on more context:

I'm automating the creation of massive render pools in the cloud. These pools come and go in +-10 minutes with anywhere from 5-50 nodes per pool; therefore it's just not possible for anyone to go to each of these VMs and add my out module settings to hundreds of VMs that will be gone in < 1 hours time.

Does anybody else have something useful to add?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe this can help: Where are output module presets physically stored?

let us know what you find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi UngerTime,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if our experts’ advice helped you or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin-Monahan,

No, I did not find a solution. I would love to be able to solve this!! I need to extract templates from my licensed machine, and re-use them on render nodes!

Does anyone have any info to help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  1. Access the file system: Navigate to the directory where your custom output module templates are stored on your system.
  2. Locate the templates: Identify the specific custom output module templates you want to import. Ensure they adhere to the required format and naming conventions.
  3. Copy templates: Copy the selected templates to the appropriate directory on your target platform or application.
  4. Use the command line: Open a command prompt or terminal window on your system to interact with the command line interface.
  5. Navigate to destination: Change your directory to the location where the custom output mod apk templates need to be imported.
  6. Verify permissions: Ensure that you have the necessary permissions to modify or add files to the destination directory.
  7. Use a command to import: Execute a command to import the custom output module templates into the target system. Refer to the documentation for the specific platform or application for the correct command syntax.
  8. Check for errors: Monitor the command line output for any errors or warnings during the import process. Address any issues that may arise.
  9. Test functionality: Verify the successful import by testing the functionality of the custom output module templates within the target platform or application.
  10. Ensure compatibility: Confirm that the mod APK (Application Package File for Android) associated with the application is updated to support the newly imported custom output module templates, ensuring seamless integration and functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines