• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 16 - Multicam

Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to see Adobe add multi-cam editing to Premiere Elements 16. Other less expensive

products are able to do this and would hate to see Adobe get passed by because of this feature.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an open forum with "some" Adobe staff participation, use the links below to make a report

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform for feature requests or bug reports

-or Feedback forum https://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud/desktop-app/content

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When selecting Adobe Premiere Elements from the dropdown, I get redirected to a Photoshop site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stevedross  wrote

I would love to see Adobe add multi-cam editing to Premiere Elements 16. Other less expensive

products are able to do this and would hate to see Adobe get passed by because of this feature.

I've used as many as three cameras in a Premier Elements project.  I don't know enough about other software to know what I would want "multi-cam" features to be.

For reference, here is a YouTube tutorial using version 10.  The interface is different, but the technique is the same.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_vRTbLn4lk

What would you want in Premier Elements 16 to help with multiple cameras?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot like CC, real multicam editing allows you to sync all of the cameras (clips) in a separate multiview window and select between them as needed. You can also just drag through the timeline and change shots to speed things up.

It really expedites the process. I've used it in Avid and most recently in CC 2015. This way you don't

have to cut parts of a clip away or turn it off in certain sections.

I run a community TV station and the members use Elements. I recently found out that products like

CyberLink Power Director and Pinnacle does true multicam editing. And they're cheaper I believe.

However, with so much invested in Premiere Elements, I just don't want them to be left behind in any

capacity. I don't believe adding multicam editing to Elements would hurt their CC business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stevedross  wrote

A lot like CC, real multicam editing allows you to sync all of the cameras (clips) in a separate multiview window and select between them as needed. You can also just drag through the timeline and change shots to speed things up.

Thank you for the explanation.  That would be nice if I ever do more multicam projects.  I somehow kind of doubt that will happen much!

Frankly I'm surprised that Elements products are as good as they are.  The core of Adobe is aimed at the CC system and Elements hardly shows up on the radar as a small blip.  It would be fun to ask a corporate strategist where Elements fits into future plans.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If strategy is to only accomodate pros that will spend $300 annually for something that is used by hobbyists maybe a month or two - it would be a bad move.

PRE fits as something that you buy and own as a license - not being hazzled with subscriptions that expire.

So I think maybe that subscriptions thingy, and not offer perpetual licenses make more and more opt out on CC.

And overall this CC suggest that you are online while working - which I am not. Computer I work with video and music is online solely for install purposes - never otherwise.

So I think PRE is a good entrylevel to get aquianted. Still evaluating though, but PowerDirector has taken over completely - soooo much more versatile and easy to work with - stable beyond most other software. PD also is light as a feather on my system - while PRE takes 20-30s to even start up. And Cyberlink support is excellent and follow through with bug reports etc. I still wonder if there is any maintenance at all for PRE - I never saw an update yet and bought early October-16(day one update after purchase only as I recall). And I had a couple of crashes, not easy to reproduce but think this must exist enough to narrow down and fix.

I asked where to put bug reports when I bought PRE but got no answer. Not until now in this thread John T Smith put links where to put it. So Adobe are not that good in communicating with userbase, I think.

So Adobe strategists:

a) license that are perpetual - not expiring - if you can choose that

b) good dialog with userbase for maintenance

c) do not require being online

d) providing good features for a reasonable price

e) up to date on trends evolving

Yes, for me a-c comes first - as far as you can tell without actually buying anything, or buying an entrylevel product as learning money.

There are so many competitors for us that does not work all year with video editing - for me making music is the main thing, full time now as retired I have that option. Summertime making films - winter making music to films made. You hardly subscribe to stuff with those needs.

Cyberlink, Nero, Corel, Magix all have very competitive products in the field for hobbyists/consumers as well as pros.

As it turns out Adobe is not up to this tasks paragraphs a-e as competition is. PRE is soon to be uninstalled if nothing happends in maintenance and PRE16 that really make paragraph e) come true. Now for Adobe paragraph d) is true and is partially making c) true.

This is all my personal preferences - not everybodys I'm sure.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your thoughts. I have Creative Cloud at my desk, but we can't

afford it for our community members. Anyway, once you use real multi-cam,

you won't want to go back to deleting or turning off certain clips on different

tracks. It's so much easier and quicker. As mentioned, other less expensive

products already have this built in. We like Elements for our community members

and multi-cam would really speed up their productivity.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I must admit, Premiere Elements is far too limiting but as a Home User who's content is the odd holiday clip, or dashcam clip, I can't justify the cost of a subscription to CC.

It's a pity Adobe can't make the full products available to amateurs for a one off payment with some kind of proof of non photographic / non graphic / non creative based employment required - eg Tax Slips. That would ensure they didn't harm their professional subscriptions whilst giving keen amateurs access to the features they also want.

It's a bit of a fallacy to assume that amateurs only want to produce amateur level content. Most amateurs I know want to produce Broadcast Quality content and to that end it's not only features that are lacking but encoding from consumer level products usually falls way short of broadcast quality in my opinion.

When you look at Vegas Pro 15, it's near to CC in abilities but is often on offer, bringing a £499 price tag down to around £150 which isn't much different to the £100 for Premiere Elements.

This has to be costing Adobe (although I somehow doubt they care that much about home users), and to the extent that they do, it would be great if they could offer a full package eg Premiere, After Effects to consumers for say a one off payment of £100 for a perpetually renewing licence, subject to an annual proof of non photographic / creative industry employment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines