• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro bug - Silent Audio on the end of GH4 Clips

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I bring in 4k video from the Panasonic GH4. which spans clips, the audio in Premiere drops the audio from the end of a spanned clip. The clip itself, when viewed in VLC or other media players, does not contain the audio dropout, meaning this is obviously a bug inside premiere.

If I bring the audio into Audition, same thing.

wtf.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not seen this error when shooting on the GH4.

Are you recording AVCHD, MOV or MP4 files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am encountering the same issue although I do have waveform on the timeline. Started once I updated to CC2017 and still happens with the 2017.1 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GH4 clips are MP4's and do not play for the last second or two at the end of each clip. The silence is rendered in Premiere as well as through Media Encoder. The clips play and render fine out of Audition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Testing in a new project in 2017.0.2 on Windows 10, I can confirm the issue is happening here as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens about 50% of the time now. Really strange bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing this as well.  I've tried different recording formats (MOV or MP4 (LPCM)) and system frequencies on my GH4 and Premiere cuts off at least a second or two of audio in the end.  This just started happening recently and I can only guess it was with a recent update.

Oh, I also imported some Blackmagic footage from an Ursa Mini and it did the same thing.  So, it's not just the GH4.

If it isn't, t !his should be high priority at Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have taken to renaming the files as .mpeg before import, it's a temporary fix, but it does the trick for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's an interesting workaround.  I'll give that a shot.  Thank you.

Oh, I also tried going through the entire Ingest process to see if that acts as some sort of buffer that prevents the dropout.  Didn't help at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this works for GH5 files as well 😮quiet_premiere_clip.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also imported some Blackmagic footage from an Ursa Mini and it did the same thing.

What codec?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's go ahead and make it a high priority. However I have not been able to reproduce this issue with any of our media in-house. Would you be able to send me a sample that exhibits this problem so I can have a developer take a look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dropbox - PGH51118.MP4 The blank audio is not visible if viewing in Vegas Pro or if I use ffmpeg to rewrap it to mxf. Dropbox - PGH51118.mxf  Premiere CC - PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for providing the samples. This is interesting because I can see the silent part at the beginning (that's another bug I'm tracking down), but not the end. I have tried 3 different machines and both Mac and Windows. Are you using the 2017.1 release? And if you had previously imported them in an older release then updated I would suggest deleting your cache and reimporting them. I would like to know if anyone else can reproduce this issue in the 2017.1 release as well with the media provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well fancy that. I had not retested with the .1 update and the audio gap at the end has indeed disappeared! Just running some more tests.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tested with 3 new clips. The audio gap at the end of clips did not appear in any of them. Only 1 of the clips imported with video. GH5 clips in 10bit 422 set to full luminance range import with audio only. Setting the camera to limited luminance range (64-940) allows the file to be imported, as does rewrapping them to mxf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for retesting. I'm glad that particular issue is sorted. As for the clips coming in as audio-only we are aware of the issue and have our developers looking at it. For now, the workarounds that you noted mirror our recommendations. Please stand by.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8 x 4k 10bit 422 GH5 files (rewrapped) and an adjustment layer LUT. Not even a hint at slowing down. Can't get better than that!

stacking-test.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the same bug I found and reported in this forum a month ago. 

Re: audio gap at join of spanned MP4 H.264 video files

I'm glad to find, like those above, that the .1 update has fixed it but very unhappy that Adobe have not responded to me at all even though I also submitted a bug report.

I'm now testing Resolve 14 with a serious view to jumping ship.  It's dropped in price by two thirds, down from $1000 to $299 and it's feature list keeps getting better.  I'm particularly impressed with the match color chart feature

https://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/davinci-resolve-tip-using-a-color-chart-to-match-your-shots/

which I intend to start using straight away.

No I don't work for BlackMagic in any way.  I'm a video producer looking for a stable platform with the tools I need and a company that communicates when I have a problem with their product.

Shame on you Adobe

Nigel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, Resolve is great and all, unless you need to round-trip to After Effects constantly like I do. I want to Give Adobe Props for their new graphics panel update, it's AMAZINGLY useful.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Chad,

Like you I thought After Effects would be the difficult tool to replace but

now I've discovered Fusion.. Blackmagic's own answer to After Effects,

complete with right-click-to-replace-Resolve-shot-with-Fusion-comp

I've only had a quick look so far but, aside from lacking the enormous 3rd

party plug in ecosystem that After Effects has, Fusion is a powerful, node

based compositor. It's no new kid on the block either, having been

developed over 20 years ago.

I've plumped for one more year of Adobe, at the reduced pricing mentioned in

this thread

<https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2630848&p=2>, look for

the post by PassCode.

Cheers

Nigel

PS. No I don't work for Blackmagic, I just hate being ripped off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resolve is great and all, unless you need to round-trip to After Effects

With Resolve, you'd be round tripping to Fusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certainly,  no doubt it's a great piece of software, it's just not anywhere close to viable for what we do, we have thousands dollars in plugins,  thousands of legacy projects,

produce lots of VR content, cinema 4D is tightly integrated, etc.

I Love what black magic is doing and will continue to monitor their progress but much of the industry is highly invested in adobe tools and won't switch anytime soon. Look at Avid, the only reason they are still holding on is because big post houses invested millions in now outdated hardware/software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it's not fixed!

for me, it's good now at the -end- of the files, at the start still a little silence.

seems for 2017.1 the bug was traced,and then just HALF fixed????

can 2017.1.3 please fix the gap at the start as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines