• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Capturing Noise Print generates a 'severe error' warning (Code 00000008)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed the April 2017 release of Audition CC today, but when trying to capture a noise print, it is generating an error.

Shift+P works to capture the noise print before Shift+Cmd+P to open Noise Reduction, however when clicking the playhead away from the current time selection the noise print is lost and an error is generated. Using 'Capture Noise Print' button in NR dialog still generates the error. And then pressing spacebar to play the track crashes the program consistently.

Is there a fix or do I need to wait for Adobe to fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Hi somekiwiguy, ChristyRussellStudio,

I am sorry for the issue. It seems like an issue with Preferences. Resetting Preferences will resolve the issue.

Please follow the steps below.

1. Quit Audition

2. Go to the following location:

In Windows: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Audition\10.0

In Mac: <drive>/Users/<username>Library/Preferences/Adobe/Audition/10.0

3. rename the folder 10.0 to Old_10.0, launch Audition & check the issue.

Please let us know the status of the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happened to me after installing the update.  In need of a fix ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi somekiwiguy, ChristyRussellStudio,

I am sorry for the issue. It seems like an issue with Preferences. Resetting Preferences will resolve the issue.

Please follow the steps below.

1. Quit Audition

2. Go to the following location:

In Windows: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Audition\10.0

In Mac: <drive>/Users/<username>Library/Preferences/Adobe/Audition/10.0

3. rename the folder 10.0 to Old_10.0, launch Audition & check the issue.

Please let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a confirmed bug, and being worked on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed it for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, same issue here, this sorted it for me, but of course I have now lost all my preferences

Will Jenkyns Voices

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me as well. Shame that this is such a widely spread bug!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed this error for me, as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, yes that did solve the problem. Still annoying to have to redo all my preferences again, hopefully a fix is available soon. I had to screenshot the settings of my most used effects and presets first so I could easily set them again after the aforementioned fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed through the fix shown here and I am still experiencing the inability to successfully Capture a Noise Print using Noise Reduction. I've changed the folder to Old_10.0 wherever applicable and still, its not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Friends, if you're not following any of the several other posts concerning this problem, there are two very important bits of information to keep in mind:

Clearing the preferences file is only a partial solution, and the bug will reappear as briandkatz1 attests above.  If you want to try this, you must back up your "EffectsPresets" file [in Windows] from C:\\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Audition\10.0.  Please move it somewhere safe, like your desktop, or keep a copy.  So in the absence of the "EffectsPresets" file Audition will create a clean new one, and NR will behave a little better, but not perfectly.  Just make sure you DO NOT DELETE "EffectsPresets" so you can reverse this process later and get your settings back.

Second, if, like me, you depend on your Noise Reduction in your work all the time, the only reasonable option is to revert to an older version of Audition!

To revert

- You MUST back up your settings folder as a rollback will delete it!  Find your settings folder at the path above and make a safety copy of it all.  Put it somewhere so you can restore it after this rollback as well as later once the upcoming bug patch is released!  Don't merely move or allow deletion - this is one worth having multiple copies of if you've been using Audition for any length of time at all.  Once that's done, now for the fun:

- Open the Creative Cloud desktop app

- Click the "Apps" tab

- Scroll down to "Find additional apps" and directly to the right you'll see a filter toggle labelled "All Apps."  Click this.

- The last entry at the very bottom of this list is "View Previous Versions."  Click that.

- Scroll down until you see "Audition."

- Select "CC(2017) 10.0.2" and when the confirmation dialog box comes up, click "Yes, install this version."

- Sit back and wait for installation.

- Enjoy!

- When the CC App tells you there's an update available for Audition, DON'T install it until something newer than the 2017.1 release (version 10.1.0.174) becomes available!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually just rename the complete Audition's settings folder in situ to retain it for future reversion. And I have also on several occasions renamed the Audition installation folder as well so I don't have to re-install it and just pop back to an earlier version whenever I want. I have virtually all Audition versions back to AA1.5 and they still all run happily alongside each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds good to me EXCEPT for the return trip.  Valuable presets need to be backed up.  Who do you know who keep a complete image of their computer drives?  We should, but few do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing any way of reverting to a prior version on my Mac. It says I have Audition CS6 under previous versions, but nothing about CC.

Really irritating. Guess I'm going to be spending some quality time in iZotope RX5 until this shit is fixed.

EDIT: Reverted to a prior version of the App - Yay for Time Machine backups - and that's got me back in action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking forward to an update to fix the recent update!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, but I had to use the terminal to find the correct file. The Library folder was not showing in the Finder. I used the mv command to change the name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you explain how to do this through command line? I also can't find the file path mentioned in the above fix...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone having issues with finding the correct "Library" folder on MAC, there are 2 different Library folders. The correct one is hidden. To find:

1. In Finder, click the "GO" tab at the top of your screen

2. In the drop down menu hold "option" on your keyboard.

3. Once you see the "Library" option appear, click on that one and follow the pathway for

Library > Preferences > Adobe > Audition > 10.0

My only issue is that upon opening Audition again this morning (after doing the fix yesterday) I had to do it all over again since the 'bug' seemed to have reoccurred. [insert sad face emoji here]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2017 May 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're a lifesaver. Or at least a timesaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If BMoyeOp's fix doesn't work, then when you open Terminal, you will be in the "Users" folder. From there, use the cd command to navigate to the correct folder. Make sure to spell things correctly and to use the correct case. Once you find "10.0", type "mv 10.0 Old_10.0"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this was KILLING me!  Renaming the folder works great, but it does delete ALL your shortcuts and custom settings and you have to reload all your 3rd party VST plugins...for me that was a HUGE problem.  So if you have to do this, save any custom settings you have on your plugins and be prepared to spend some time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So yes technically this fix works but wallah the day after, it crashed again, and I had to reapply the fix. And thus once again, lose all the preferences and settings that I spent yesterday re-setting up.

I planned a rant here. Redacted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just thought I'd pass on that this is not the only severe error I've experienced in the new Audition. This one, too, stops my work:

a server error was encountered (code 0000000B)?

Save, save, save, save. Even w/o autosave, save, save, save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after testing and testing and testing and .... I found out that the problem (for me) was a damaged EffectPresets.xml. Don't know why. Lucky me I saved it previous to installing the v2017.1. Copied it to the AppData Folder and the Noise Reduction Effect works again. For now. I know that it also worked right after I installed the Update. I don't know what happend then ...

EDIT: seems this happens again and again. Same error. I have to delete my EffectPresets.xml (or overwrite with the one I saved before the update), restart Audition and everything works fine again. For now. Btw. I didn't save any Effect Presets since I updated to 2017.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines