• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Thumbnail previews using file > open

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to see a preview of my raw files when I went to file > open in PS--now I only see a generic icon..  How can I get my previews back>

(shooting with 5d mark iv, using windows 10)

Thanks for the help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

What version of photoshop are you using?

I don't know, but far as i can tell windows 10 itself won't display thumbnails of those files in explorer, which is what photoshop uses for the File>Open dialog.

In order to see the Canon 5d mark iv cr2s in windows explorer you need a third party codec such as this

http://www.fastpictureviewer.com/codecs/

Adobe Bridge should be able to displays thumbnails of those Canon 5d mark iv cr2s.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What version of photoshop are you using?

I don't know, but far as i can tell windows 10 itself won't display thumbnails of those files in explorer, which is what photoshop uses for the File>Open dialog.

In order to see the Canon 5d mark iv cr2s in windows explorer you need a third party codec such as this

http://www.fastpictureviewer.com/codecs/

Adobe Bridge should be able to displays thumbnails of those Canon 5d mark iv cr2s.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines