• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have created a template in the Print module... now i want to publish it straight to facebook. How?

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a template in the Print module... now i want to publish it straight to facebook. How?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Print it as a JPEG - so  in the Print Job panel, change Print To so it sends the page to JPEG. You can then send that file to Facebook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, yes that is how i have been doing it... however, I post individual images straight to Facebook from the Library in Lightroom and was hoping there was an easier way other than saving the file...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might already be doing this but...after you print the layout to a JPEG file, go to the folder you saved it to and either drag the image into Lightroom to import it, or synchronize the folder if it's already in Lightroom. Now the JPEG file will be visible in Lightroom and you can share it straight to Facebook from Lightroom.

It's not as seamless as if you could export the layout with the Add To This Catalog option, but it may be the best you can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a way to get them in automatically, but it's jumping through hoops. Here goes.

Set up and enable Auto Import. Use a folder called Print as the watch folder. Pay attention to where you put this folder, you'll need the parent folder in a minute. The destination etc, can be what ever you want.

In Print using Print to JPEG, choose the parent folder that holds the Print folder and name the print 'Print'. You need to do this as print to JPEG creates a subfolder and places the jpegs inside this. Auto import will only import photo files, not folders.

Press return and the files will be created, then move from Print into whatever destination you've chosen.

I've tested this. It works, but as it's almost 3am, I can't do a video on it. It's a good idea for a video, so I'll probably do it and add it to my channel tomorrow.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure it would work, and a published smart collection could target that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good call!

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines