• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am not getting the proper Responsive Background Image

Participant ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I have a background image that I want to fill the entire page, and then scale with that page when resized. I am clearly doing something wrong. My size is 1200 x 1230, and I made my image that size as well.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

For this you would need a fullscreen slide show. You can find it in the widgets library panel and guess what, it is called full screen slide show.

Does this help?

You can place almost anything above the fullscreen slide show, btw.

Best

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For this you would need a fullscreen slide show. You can find it in the widgets library panel and guess what, it is called full screen slide show.

Does this help?

You can place almost anything above the fullscreen slide show, btw.

Best

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And why not use a browser fill?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Full Screen Slide Show, definitely helped.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning Günter Heißenbüttel​, is there a difference in speed if one uses browser fill or full screen slide show?

There might be some code for slideshow instead of browser fill, or does the difference not affect the speed really?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi captain_astronaut​, good to know. It was a great pleasure.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fotoroeder​: No idea about that, but I assume, that browser-/page-background should work faster, because – as you said – it probably is not so "code heavy".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Günter. I thought I tried browser fill, but it didn't work. Perhaps I was using the wrong thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As we do not know, what you tried, try this one.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-04-28 um 15.26.12.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that's what I tried and the result is what is in my video above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Then again: Read my last response and do, what I recommended after "The simplest way …"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried already every situation to make this not work-impossible for me (and I am well versed in stuff like this ).

So please, if you want us to help you ( and maybe some others ), give us a chance.

Your movie does not show, what you did with your page. It is definitely no browser fill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody is able to help, if you only say ""it didn’t work".

Expain exactly,

• what you want to achieve, and

• what you are doing to achieve this.

The simplest way – as always: Create a new site with only one page and only a few elements, which demonstrate your issue. (This is necessary, because it saves download- and analysing-time). Upload this .muse file (without assets) to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service and provide the download link here. Then we can have a closer look.

Thus, time consuming „question and answer“ games or pure guessing can be considerably reduced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 06, 2017 May 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. Here is the .muse file, and I included the background image I'm trying to use.

WEBSITE MUSE TESTING - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please explain your issue?

Furthermore I would think it over, if the logo should be resized, it will get very small on mobiles.

As of this reading, I cannot see any difference between browser fill or full screen slide show.

Can you focus your issue for us?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The background is not resizing with Browser Fill. It will if I use Slide Show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can have it either fullscreen or responsive. Do you work on mac with safari? There`s a meantime in the top menu "developer".

With the item :

Bildschirmfoto 2017-05-07 um 22.26.55.png

"Responsive mode" shows different devices, unfortunately only the ones with the "i" at the beginning but, hey, better than nothing.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-05-07 um 22.46.35.png

You may also realize those double arrows:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-05-07 um 22.47.49.png

I changed them on master and the homepage from pointing to inside to outside, this way, the picture extends otherwise it stays as the original size on canvas.

You can watch on: HOME ​ and download from the browser.

Hope this helps

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines