• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Files !

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my files imported into LR from my external HD seem to be missing and show the ! in the upper right corner. At first I was able to edit and make changes, now when trying to open a file in the develop module, the message 'file could not be found' pops up and trying to locate it doesn't help.

When I click into my external HD directly from my desktop and try to open up files only the jpeg's open, but not the CR2's (Ps does not recognize the file).

I understand that this might not be a LR problem. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Have you moved the files or folders or renamed using your computer operating system? If so you will have broken the links in the LR Library. You need to put everything back in the correct location and ensure on Windows that the external drive is connected to the same port to maintain the drive letter.

See this useful link from Ian:

Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you moved the files or folders or renamed using your computer operating system? If so you will have broken the links in the LR Library. You need to put everything back in the correct location and ensure on Windows that the external drive is connected to the same port to maintain the drive letter.

See this useful link from Ian:

Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you 99jon!

I ejected the external HD once connected it to a different computer, then back into the original computer, my mac, but it’s very likely, that I plugged it into a different port. How can I find out? I appreciate your help very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Windows or Mac?

On Windows the drive letter and location should display in the Library when you select a thumbnail and hover over file path in the metadata panel. Windows Explorer will show the drive letter for the connected ehd.

On Mac the ehd should be recognized by its name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there question mark icons on your folders, or exclamation point icons on your photos, as shown in the link given above by 99jon​? If so, then you need to follow the instructions at that link to fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you dj_paige for your reply! There are no ? on my folders, but all the photo files inside have the ! icons in the top right corner. I am on a mac OS X Yosemite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, dj_paige,

I think part of my LR catalog is corrupted, because I did some rearranging of folders and photos and deleted some copies of photos on one of my ehd. Now those photos from that ehd show the ! icon in the right upper corner.

What would I have to do to clean this up. Locating the photos with the finder didn’t help.

Thank you for your help!

Best,

Alexandra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not a corrupted catalog. If it was corrupted, the catalog would not open.

It is a direct result of you rearranging the folders on your hard disk.

The instructions at the link given will solve the problem. Please give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines