• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artifacts after defringe

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I use the defringe in Photoshop I keep getting this effect, how do I stop thisA2.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you viewing this at 100% zoom ratio?  It's the only way to fully trust what you see on the screen.

How did you apply defringe?  It is usually used on a layer that contains an object with transparent background like this

Are you adding the sky? If yes, is it to the same layer as the rock?  If yes, that's not a good way to do it.  You should copy the rock to a new layer, and place the new sky behind it.  That avoids the sort of fringing you get from antialiasing where the two edges meet.

Apologies if you knew that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am selecting the temple by choosing , select, color range, select the sky, inverse, modify, feather, . Then I drag the selected image to the sky photo its when I try to defringe after this I get that effect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines