Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Code 16 Error For Photoshop CC 2017.1.0 on windows

Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need Help about this.

Just two days ago When i tried to edit a picture from Lightroom to Photoshop i start getting ( Code 16 Error ) and Photoshop don't want to start, But when i open it with run as Administrator it work but with no communication with Lightroom.

I read those articles about Permission issue, yet nothing changed.

I did Uninstall all adobe applications and use Adobe Cleaner Tool, Install again and same thing happen again.

I really need to solve this.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look into this thread. Very old, and for CS5, but may be of some help. Error 16 on Photoshop CS 5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reply Benjamin,

I read it, In step 5, when ever I deselect the Read only and press OK it back selected again. and when trying to change user permission it gave me access denied error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on the administrator account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I am

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read it,,, I can't unchecked the read only,, and i'm the administrator and the owner of my PC,, is that mean i have to format my computer ???

it was working till last Thursday !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the suggested fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did but nothing change,, it can only work when I ( Run it As Administrator ), but then there is no connection between Photoshop and lightroom. which mean i cannot transfer a picture in both side.

The funny thing is I did installed same applications in my Office PC, and they work just fine ( despite the Lightroom Bug issue ) with Local Administrator, which i tried in my PC, I even use the hidden PC administrator yet nothing change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try the CC Cleaner tool again to remove everything..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue! It started after the last update (about a week ago).

I tried all the suggestions, but I had no luck.

I started a chat on the Adobe support and a technician took remote control of my PC. He started redoing all the attributes related fixes, then unistalled and reinstalled a couple of times, without solving the issue.  Then, he started to granting everything to everyone on a bunch of folders! Eventually, he managed to break my Windows installation!!!

I had to repair it in order to restart my PC and now at each start I have several blackouts on the monitor before the system becomes stable, but the issue is still there!

I'm worried about asking to the Adobe support again...

Any hint or news?

BTW: If you need the link between the broken photoshop and lightroom, try to start lightroom as administrator. This way, when lightroom triggers photoshop it already has the admin privileges and should start, or, at least, it starts on my  issued PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The blackouts almost sound like a graphics problem. Make sure the drivers are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's probably a graphics problem. This actually happened this morning and I'm still trying to figure things out.

Looking on Dell forums it seems a known issue between my pc (XPS 15) and the latest graphics drivers. Maybe recovering Windows triggered the update of the drivers.

I now need to download the older version and to install it. According to other users on the dell forum, this should fix the flickering issue.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So,, after spending nearly 5 hours with Adobe Support and 2 hours with Microsoft Support,, ( nothing solved ),, I took the hard way and format my PC,, did clean install for the windows,, and now every thing working fine. Till Now.

Thank You All

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines