• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Mobile Keeps Crashing – Not-Yet-Synced Photos At Risk?

Participant ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my Lightroom mobile keeps crashing a few seconds after starting it (newest LR mobile version on Samsung S7 with newest Android, crashing with or without WLAN turned on, crashing with or without energy-saving turned on, crashing without any other app running). There's no way to use LR mobile (i do have a CC subscription, it works online and on Windows desktop).

Some weeks ago, i took around 80 important DNGs with Lightroom mobile when it worked well. I didn't sync my DNGs back then because of a traveling situation. Now i want, but can't sync the the DNGs, because LR mobile keeps crashing. LR mobile appears as being syncing for a few seconds (dots move in the cloud symbol) before crashing, but online i don't find the photos. On a sidenote, a newly taken JPG from another app is imported and synced by LR mobile before it crashes.

I'd like to simply uninstall and re-install LR mobile. But what about the photos i've taken with LR mobile that are not yet synced? After re-installing LR mobile, will my photos still be there and ready to sync? (Of course i could first copy them to a PC harddisk via USB cable or so.)

Thanks for all advice and experience!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're right to ask, and it might be best to wait for someone from Adobe's mobile team to respond. I'll see if I can nudge someone.

Have you tried copying them via a USB cable? I would do that anyway. Also have you restarted the phone? That might clear the problem, but before trying that I would wait for an Adobe response.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, thanks. I had already tried LR mobile after restarting the phone, but it didn't help a bit (but i forgot to mention that in my initial post).

Yes, just now i brought the DNGs to the desktop computer via USB cable, they are ok. I was surprised to see only DNGs, including the HDR DNGs. But shouldn't there be JPGs taken together with DNG? There are no JPGs there.

Would still like to know why Lightroom crashes and would still like to sync them properly from phone to desktop.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good, glad you got them. I can't test this as I am on iOS and my iPhone 6 can't take DNGs, but my understanding is that you should only get DNGs. But you should be able to sync them. I assume your internet connection is fast?

I have highlighted this thread for the LrM team, so check back later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, thanks. According to my "online monitor", my internet is

↓ 25,1 Mbit/s ↑ 5,1 Mbit/s

Syncing has worked many times with much slower internet before, since some months ago (after which i paused using LR mobile for a while).

Btw, a few times when LR mobile crashed today/yesterday, i did press "Send error report" (but not "Always send error report"). There are two different ways to report an error, i believe one is from LR, the other from Android, but i'm not perfectly sure about it. I used both. In one of these ways you can type something yourself.

Would be interesting to hear more about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i just want to add that i use three devices:

- the Samsung mobile with it's troubles

- desktop PC

- iPad

Syncing between desktop PC and iPad works smoothly (tested with JPGs and proprietary raw), only on the Samsung S7 LR crashes before i can do something (it's logged in to my account, but doesn't register new collections or so).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Henrik Nerr, This is Aswin from Lightroom Android Team. i wanted little more information to debug the issue at our end:

1. Do you have any HDR shots in the Lightroom Capture? ( have you taken any shots in HDR mode or all DNGs are captured in Auto/Pro mode?)

2. Please Try opening the capture module? does it still crash? if you are not able to open capture from the app. we have got a widget to open capture.

3. Can you place your phone in Airplane mode ( no wifi and no cellular network.) and try opening the app? Does it still crash ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aswin, thanks. Here are my answers:

1. Yes, there are a few HDR shots (about 3, with about 50 more in regular DNG). They are stored on the capacious SD card (which still has a lot of free memory).
  2. When i start LR mobile, it is usable only for the first 5 seconds. I tried your suggestion and right after starting LR i *can* still switch to the capture module. I see the live view for 2 seconds, then it freezes, then crashes (like when i'm just in the library module). - I also started the capture module by "LR Camera" widget; but it was still the same behaviour: shortly usable, then freezing, then crashing.
  3. Starting LR mobile in airplane mode doesn't change anything: It's usable for a few seconds, then freezes, then crashes. That's also true after re-starting the phone in airplane mode, then starting LR mobile.

If i start LR mobile with WLAN, it seems to sync for a few seconds (dots move in cloud icon). The DNG files from the phone (Samsung S7 non-edge) are listed in Lightroom online and in Lightroom Desktop (Preferences), but only as file names, there are no pictures at all.

I could re-install the app if you have no other suggestion and think it could help. I have already copied (not moved) the DNGs from phone to PC by USB cable. After a brief check in Bridge, they seemed ok. But i had planned on doing some syncing this weekend, so i would love to use LR mobile fully, if possible.

Would be nice to hear more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response and confirmation.

Even if you re-Install the application, your files will be synced once you sign in immediately after the installation ( ensuring you have not deleted the files after copying to desktop ). But there is a possibility of loosing HDR images. So i would request to wait for some more time So that i can provide you with a private build. Please provide your email ID at the earliest.

Thanks for your patience

Regards

Aswin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Henrik, Please try the private build from the link. Also, respond back with the status of the issue.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0x0BZkF_78AT3NIR0dURnBwbkU

Thanks

Aswin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines