• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish collection auto-advance bug?

Enthusiast ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been experiencing a bug? for some time when using library filtering in a Publish Collection and the resulting photo auto-advance if an item gets removed from view after metadata modification.

To replicate it:

Create a Publish collection (Hard drive, Flickr or Zenfolio etc.)

Place 5 or more photos in this collection.

Apply an identical rating, color label or keyword to at least of the 4 photos

Use a library filter to display just the photos that match the above.

So, then I have for example 4 photos A,B,C,D (each rated 2 stars) that are displayed in the filtered publish collection.

If I change the rating of photo A to have a single star,

Photo A gets removed from the display and selected photo in LR then auto-advances to photo C instead of the expected photo B.

(It moves 2 positions forward instead of 1)

I have repeated this in LIghtroom 4.4, 5.71 and CC2015.9 on my desktop (Win7) and also with LR C2015.8 on my laptop (Win10).

The behavior does not change with the Auto-advance menu setting checked or not or with CAPS Lock on/off

I have also tried resetting LR preferences and using new/different catalogs.

However, without any LR setting changes it works as expected to advance only 1 photo forward if you repeat this using a regular collection or file folder with the same photos/library filter criteria.

Can anyone else replicate this? I opened a bug report several years back to report it but at the time it was not repeatable.

Lightroom: Rating change filtered autoadvance issue in Publish service | Photoshop Family Customer C...

If you can repeat this yourself, please add your vote/comment in this bug report.

It looks like "get next photo index#" is being queried after the changed item is removed from the library filter view and not before.

-bh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Rikk Flohr acknowledged this as a bug on the feedback site.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bh,

As you mentioned, Your issue has already been reported here Lightroom: Rating change filtered autoadvance issue in Publish service | Photoshop Family Customer C... and our Engineers are looking into it.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akash,

Rikk Flohr was unable to reproduce the problem in that thread and there was no acknowledgement from Adobe that they were aware of a problem.  I did NOT try to duplicate the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to try to post a video showing the problem in the next day or so.

As I indicated above I can reproduce the problem on 2 computers with different catalogs and using different versions of Lightroom.

And have reset preferences with no effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be a good idea to post the video on your original thread from 3 years ago too and reply DIRECTLY to Rikk Flohr.  I am almost sure Adobe is not working on this problem if it is a bug. They don't even fix problems they acknowledge and this one wasn't acknowledged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added a screen cast showing the issue to the original problem report:

Lightroom: Rating change filtered autoadvance issue in Publish service | Photoshop Family Customer C...

-BH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rikk Flohr acknowledged this as a bug on the feedback site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines