• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create New Composition Based On Another

Engaged ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to duplicate a composition, I just want to create a new one that has the same dimensions, frame rate, etc. as another composition so they "match." Kind of like in Photoshop, when you want to resize an image, you can select another image from the Window menu to use those dimensions. Is that possible?

Right now -- it seems to this newbie -- I have to write down all the properties so can change them in the New Composition Settings window.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

You can drag the original comp onto the "create new composition" icon. This will create a new comp with the same settings as the original, with the original composition nested inside the new comp. Remove the original comp from the new comp. Rename the new comp.

Alternatively, you can right click on the original comp, choose "composition settings", and then save those settings as a preset to apply to future comps. If you work with a particular size comp over and over, saving a preset can be very u

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you know that if you make a new comp, it has the same settings as the previous comp you made? 

Besides, it's dead simple to make a comp with ANY kind of settings.  I'm a slowpoke, and it takes about 20 seconds to make one from absolute scratch.

Furthermore,  85% of the most common comp settings will be found in the comp presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can drag the original comp onto the "create new composition" icon. This will create a new comp with the same settings as the original, with the original composition nested inside the new comp. Remove the original comp from the new comp. Rename the new comp.

Alternatively, you can right click on the original comp, choose "composition settings", and then save those settings as a preset to apply to future comps. If you work with a particular size comp over and over, saving a preset can be very useful.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines