• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I make a character bend?

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's say it wants to pick something off the floor. How do I make him bend so that his feet stay in the same position?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried adding a fixed pin point to the feet of the puppet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. The character does not bend from the waist. I tried to increase the head tilt value, but it only bends its neck. I also tried to make the torso a warp independent layer and drag it from the neck, but then the arms and head won't attach to it. The only solution I have found until now is to drag the feet and then import the character in After Effects and rotate it there, but it's not very precise this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best way I've seen to do this so far is playing with Head Position strength. Like check out Walkbot in the template puppets, he's got his head strength boosted up to something like 400% and bends a lot while walking if you move your head. You could do the same with fixed handles instead of walking. But note we don't have a full IK system yet in CH, so the results may not look as natural as you'd like (meaning, the knees aren't going to bend realistically as your character crouches down).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply! Great job with the latest update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines